high danger concealed carry solution - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: high danger concealed carry solution

Quote Originally Posted by usmc guy View Post
    Also if you can have a second person randomly provide cover - for example they watch you open from another car (cover you so to speak).
    Or, you could station a sniper on the roof of the building.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

I have to agree with you on the carry in hand and bare pocket carry. I have carried small BUG in pocket holsters as my 2nd gun while in LE, but it has limitations as your primary gun. It would be too easy to have one of the neighborhood kids roll up on bike and surprise you one morning and accidentally pop off a round. I tell students the gun fight will happen when you spend the previous night playing cards with the guys until 0300, then you have to be at work at 0600, no sleep, hung over and not paying attention to your daily routine. Now add a gun in hand to that and a recipe for a disaster.

I agree if you are going to carry, find a great holster,dry practice with it wearing your coat, vest or shirt covering the gun. You should be able to get two shots off (center of target hits) from 5 yards in 1.5 seconds with practice. If you can pick up one of the Frontsight certificates for the 4-day defensive handgun course - do it, might save your life.

Of course the key to all of this is "situational awareness", blow that part and it won't matter how fast you can draw.

USMCguy

Well-said +1

I just came across this vid

Some of the points made also apply to the clerk's side of the counter

YouTube - Best Defense 8

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234