Need help citing credible sources for a paper

Thread: Need help citing credible sources for a paper

Need help citing credible sources for a paper

Hi guys! A good friend of mine is writing a paper for her English Class about "Does Concealed Carry Lower Crime Rates?"

Obviously everyone here knows they do...but I need outside sources that aren't blogs or forum discussion that she can cite in her paper. Any help you guys can provide will be most appreciated, and furthermore, help inject some quality CC discussion in a college class.

Thanks in advance!!

Credible Sources for Paper

Gun Facts - Your guide for debunking gun control myth

Why 70 Million Americans Own Guns

Second Amendment Main Page, Dave Kopel

http://www.TimsGunsandRange.com

Hope this helps. It would be cool if your friend posted the article on Scribd and emailed a copy to the local newspaper editor when finished

KeepingAmericaFree

4. The best book that I have read on the subject is by John R. Lott Jr. and the title is More Guns, Less Crime.
    In this book he provide statistics, charts and references that prove that the more guns that are in the hands of law abiding citizens the less crime that occurs.

Here's amnother excellent resource.

Armed Resistance to Crime: The Prevalence and Nature of Self-Defense with a Gun

Also, google "Gary Kleck". He is a prof at FSU that has published some great statistics about the detterant effect of the armed citizen. Here's one of Dr. Kleck's articles:

"Every 15 seconds and American gun owner uses a firearm in defense against a criminal"

http://www.pulpless.com/gunclock/kleck2.html

bill