Day Trip Scenario day hiking and dinner
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Day Trip Scenario day hiking and dinner

  1. Day Trip Scenario day hiking and dinner

    Day Trip Scenario day hiking and dinner

    I live In NJ (for now) Have Fl CWP. How does this work.

    I leave NJ house with unloaded firearm in trunk of car with ammo and firearm in separate locked containers.
    (satisfy NJ laws)
    I drive to PA
    I arrive in PA to go hiking PA park trails
    I discreetly open trunk load firearm and holster it under coat
    I hike all day
    I drive to friends house and visit (He knows I have firearm and is fine with that)
    We then go to dinner at say Applebees
    Since Applebees serves alcohol do I have to?:
    A: Discreetly place gun back in trunk?
    B: Do Nothing since Applebees serves food also and I just stay out of bar area.
    I consume NO alcohol

    We then see some friends hanging out in the “bar” area and want to join them
    I should then?:
    A: Discreetly place gun back in trunk then join them?
    B: Do nothing and join them just don’t drink
    I consume NO alcohol

    I then decide to actually have a beer
    Since I am now going to consume I then assume I should?:
    A: Discreetly place gun back in trunk.
    B: Do nothing since its just one beer.

    I know these scenarios may seem convoluted but just wanted some opinions if there are any violations problems?
    I just seem to find it difficult if you CC when you leave house then you need to go else where where CC is prohibited.
    Trying to get a practical sense of how logistics would work.
    "Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

  2.   
  3. #2
    ...
    Quote Originally Posted by abush View Post
    Day Trip Scenario day hiking and dinner

    I live In NJ (for now) Have Fl CWP. How does this work.

    I leave NJ house with unloaded firearm in trunk of car with ammo and firearm in separate locked containers.
    (satisfy NJ laws)
    I drive to PA
    I arrive in PA to go hiking PA park trails
    I discreetly open trunk load firearm and holster it under coat
    I hike all day
    I drive to friends house and visit (He knows I have firearm and is fine with that)
    We then go to dinner at say Applebees
    Since Applebees serves alcohol do I have to?:
    A: Discreetly place gun back in trunk?
    B: Do Nothing since Applebees serves food also and I just stay out of bar area.
    I consume NO alcohol
    Do Nothing. You can carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol in PA.
    We then see some friends hanging out in the “bar” area and want to join them
    I should then?:
    A: Discreetly place gun back in trunk then join them?
    B: Do nothing and join them just don’t drink
    I consume NO alcohol
    I don't think there is a specific statue against this, but look it up and if you do use caution.
    I then decide to actually have a beer
    Since I am now going to consume I then assume I should?:
    A: Discreetly place gun back in trunk.
    B: Do nothing since its just one beer.

    Put it back in the trunk. Alcohol and Firearms do not mix.

    I know these scenarios may seem convoluted but just wanted some opinions if there are any violations problems?
    I just seem to find it difficult if you CC when you leave house then you need to go else where where CC is prohibited.
    Trying to get a practical sense of how logistics would work.

  4. Thanks

    Thats what I was thinking. Thanks for the input. I guess to be on safe side I can always put it back in car trunk. I guess the only down side would be if during the transition from holster to trunk if some super sensitive person saw me they might get nervous. Its funny, I grew up in Brooklyn where ALL firearms we taboo. When I moved out to jersey when I was 14 I saw hunters walking on the side of the road with shotguns and no one ever said a word. In fact when I went to high School here (NJ) many students would hunt in morning and drive to school with deer in truck bed and shotgun in back window never a word was said and no one ever got shot.

    We even used to go out in the woods near a old quarry and shoot shotguns handguns and rifles occasionally people (neighbors and even local cops and some state troopers) would stop by and actually shoot with us! No hassle no questions just a “be safe” comment. One time a trooper came by and he even let us shoot his service firearm crazy. God, how things have changed in NJ.

    I feel sorry for my son and daughter not to be able to experience that feeling of freedom responsibility self reliance going out for a day of shooting in the cool fall weather just having fun. I remember once thinking what a great county where the government doesn’t take an individuals right away to own and carry what amounts to something that can be so dangerous. Then thinking thank god for the constitution and those people almost 300 years ago that fought for me to be here today and have these freedoms. If you think about it the constitution is filled with dangerous things. Dangerous to a oppressive government. read it scary how so many things in there the government gets away with oppressing

    The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net
    "Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

  5. Feel your pain I am a prisoner in the Proples Republic of New Jersey as well. I am leaving for a hunting trip in PA in a couple of weeks and am trying to figure out how to get loaded up once I cross the boarder. Any ideas

  6. I would think once you cross over into PA you can pull over to any place with a public restroom carry it in there and load up. I guess for a girl it might be easier since they carry a purse. I guess you could have a briefcase, but if your not in a suit or at least dockers and polo that would be a bit odd. Or I would think even outdoors in a secluded area / rest area / park etc.. Enjoy your hunting trip. I never hunt any more just because NJ is such a pain and hassel.
    "Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Green Valley (Henderson) NV
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by abush View Post
    Day Trip Scenario day hiking and dinner
    [ Stuff deleted... ]
    We then go to dinner at say Applebees
    Since Applebees serves alcohol do I have to?:
    A: Discreetly place gun back in trunk?
    B: Do Nothing since Applebees serves food also and I just stay out of bar area.
    I consume NO alcohol

    We then see some friends hanging out in the “bar” area and want to join them
    I should then?:
    A: Discreetly place gun back in trunk then join them?
    B: Do nothing and join them just don’t drink
    I consume NO alcohol

    I then decide to actually have a beer
    Since I am now going to consume I then assume I should?:
    A: Discreetly place gun back in trunk.
    B: Do nothing since its just one beer.

    I know these scenarios may seem convoluted but just wanted some opinions if there are any violations problems?
    I just seem to find it difficult if you CC when you leave house then you need to go else where where CC is prohibited.
    Trying to get a practical sense of how logistics would work.
    If I recall correctly, PA is a unrestrictive State when it comes to establishments that serve alcohol.

    I also have preached many times that about living in the Vegas area that alcohol is easier to get here than water. We're an unrestrictive State with respect to where you can carry; legal brothels, adult establishments, casinos, bars, etc. are all legal here in Nevada however we do have a possession of a firearm under the influence statute which is NRS 202.257. IMO this is the way it should be across the board. I know this is unpopular with many, however we do know that from history that prohibition and firearms don't mix either since that's the bloody time in American history which prompted the enacting of the NFA of 1934.

    I'm a strong personal responsibility advocate since lawful CCW is an act of personal responsibility. Know your limitations. If you know absolutely for certain you're going to be ok having one or two and there's no State law prohibiting it then you should be fine. However, if you get involved in a situation where you need to use your firearm it will likely play a factor in the investigation just like it would if you were involved in a vehicle accident.

    The other issue is that every time you put your firearm back in your trunk, there's a risk of it being stolen; either by chance or someone observing you putting it in your trunk. The safest place for a firearm is on your person. In the interest of public safety, your personal safety and protection of your property you should carry on your person whenever possible.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

  8. Quote Originally Posted by abush View Post
    I would think once you cross over into PA you can pull over to any place with a public restroom carry it in there and load up. I guess for a girl it might be easier since they carry a purse. I guess you could have a briefcase, but if your not in a suit or at least dockers and polo that would be a bit odd. Or I would think even outdoors in a secluded area / rest area / park etc.. Enjoy your hunting trip. I never hunt any more just because NJ is such a pain and hassel.
    Thanks abush, yea I mainly hunt in PA. But, just started hunting in Jersey. I bow hunt here less hassle with a bow I think: confused: I moved to New Jersey 9 years ago and still don't understand NJ gun laws. I think they want it that way so they can apply by committee.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by abush View Post
    I feel sorry for my son and daughter not to be able to experience that feeling of freedom responsibility self reliance going out for a day of shooting in the cool fall weather just having fun. I remember once thinking what a great county where the government doesn’t take an individuals right away to own and carry what amounts to something that can be so dangerous. Then thinking thank god for the constitution and those people almost 300 years ago that fought for me to be here today and have these freedoms. If you think about it the constitution is filled with dangerous things. Dangerous to a oppressive government. read it scary how so many things in there the government gets away with oppressing

    The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net
    On the bright side, you don't live in the United Kingdom. They no longer let the Boyscouts have pocket knives there. I think Lord Bayden Powell is rolling in his grave.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast