18-20 year old cfp?

Thread: 18-20 year old cfp?

18-20 year old cfp?

I've gotten word that anyone 18 years or older can receive a cfp from the state of maine. Does anyone know of this and will it reciprocate with utah?

Seems you may have heard correctly...

Handgun Law

Maine Application

and UT acknowledges every state's permit.

Quote Originally Posted by jlyman13 View Post
    I've gotten word that anyone 18 years or older can receive a cfp from the state of maine. Does anyone know of this and will it reciprocate with utah?
    When your in another state you must follow the laws of that state which would mean if you must be 21 in that state an 18+ year old with a permit would not be legal even though the states reciprocate.
    Good Luck!!!
    John
    http://www.packing4life.com

Quote Originally Posted by astute View Post
    When your in another state you must follow the laws of that state which would mean if you must be 21 in that state an 18+ year old with a permit would not be legal even though the states reciprocate.
    In most States, the age requirement is to apply for their CCW, not for a recognized or reciprocal CCW to be honored.

The States off the top of my head that have an age prohibition for reciprocity or recognition are AZ, CO and FL.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Quote Originally Posted by jlyman13 View Post
    UT is an unrestricted "we honor all" State per UCA 76-10-523.

So while UT requires a person 21 or over as an issuing requirement for their CFP, there's nothing stopping you from getting a ME, ND or NH to legally carry in Utah. However, I do caution you to keep a low profile about carrying as it may cause the State legislature to change that law or amend it so it only applies to 21 or over.

Also keep in mind that are you are not NICS exempt in UT and cannot carry in a K-12 school per the Federal Gun Free School Zone Act.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

alright, thanks for all the info, this is really helping alot.