IWB holster question
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IWB holster question

IWB holster question

I'm looking for a comfortable IWB holster that I will use to carry daily for 14-16 hours. I've been using an Uncle Mikes with my Hk for a couple months but it wore pretty quickly and doesn't really feel secure anymore.

My question is what holsters would you IWB holster users recommend that wont abuse the finish too much when used extensively?

Reason I ask is because I have a good friend that began carrying at the same time I did with an xdm in an OWB Serpa holster and his gun looks like it's ancient compared to mine because of holster wear. I'd like to keep my guns looking like the investment I made into them.

Any ideas?

3. I use the Crossbreed SuperTuck to carry for approximately 18 hours a day (Sig P220 Carry .45). I can't say that it doesn't show some wear, but it is very minor.

The Crossbreed is very comfortable, tuckable, and definitely secure.

I have an XD service and carry with a crossbreed. Wonderful holster, very concealable. But I show some wear. Not ridiculous, but it's not a cabinet gun either. The CB has kydex for the gun mold. An all-leather IWB might be more forgiving on wear, but probably not as comfortable.
    SC CWP
    NH non-res CWP
    NRA Member

I use an all leather molded IWB holster for my XD-40 sub compact. I don't know it's there half the time. Very comfortable, in my opinion.
    I'm not sure how the third world war will be fought, but I do know how the fourth will....with rocks.

6. Thumbs up

Crossbreed gets 2 thumbs up.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Another very satisfied Crossbreed Supertuck customer. It has shown some wear, but I practice drawing a LOT.

8. plus 1 for the crossbreed!

Crossbreed. Accept no substitute.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Any of you crossbreed guys ever line the kydex with some kind of fabric to stop the wear?

11. CrossBreed SuperTuck all the way.
    SuperTucks fit both the gun and hip very well.
    Good fit means less movement and less ware on the gun and hip.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast