Can truck drivers carry? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can truck drivers carry?

1. Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    I know the FOPA requires the firearm to be in a locked container, seperate from the ammo, etc.
    FOPA does NOT require the firearm to be in a locked container UNLESS the vehicle does not have an exterior compartment and the firearm is carried in the passenger compartment.

FOPA also does NOT require the firearm to be separated from the ammo. FOPA does require the ammo to be separated from the occupants of the vehicle, but not from the gun.

Good deal thanks everyone

Truck Driver Carry

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    Hey guys,

I was having a discussion with my future father in law. He stated he wished he could carry a gun in his truck, but thinks it is illegal even with CHL Anyone with information on this?

As far as I can tell its legal so long as you have a CHL and the state honors the permit. Anyone know of any federal, DOT, or other relevant laws?
    Curious....

Is there ever a Truck Driver (or Biker) that DOESN'T carry or have a gun with them??? LOL.

Only areas I know of where federal law and concealed carry collide are 18 USC 926B and 18 USC 926C--LEO carry.
    Ken Grubb
    Puyallup, WA

6. Thanks Ken
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12