Carrying and bowling - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Carrying and bowling

Personally, I'm a little apprehensive about carrying during any extended physical activity wherein you are bending, stretching, throwing something. Just seems like there's too much of a chance of a mishap, like the weapon hitting the floor (which could be a bit dramatic at a kids bowling event). However, I always have a weapon nearby, one way or another. What about a small gym bag type deal, which holds your shoes, wallet and other assorted sundries, like your gun? You keep it close under your watchful eye and you have recourse if you should need it. I've done this on many occasions using my briefcase (or wife's purse) to conceal my firearm.

May I make another suggestion? If concealment is your primary concern, then maybe bowling time is the time to carry a small gun (if you have one) in an ankle holster. At least that way you'll be concealed the entire time and not have to disarm.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

nOT MANY BOWLERS HERE ???? !!!!!!

IF YOU EVER LEFT YOUR GUN IN A BOWLING BAG OF SOME SORT YOU WOULD BE LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYONE . You can not keep an eye on a gun while you bowl , you can't keep a eye on your coat. I have holsters that will retain my CCW without any worry of it "DROPPING'. There is no PRINTING , BULGING OR SHOWING. THATS WHY THEY CALL IT CONCEALED. If you can not conceal it , control it safely then , Do not carry it . Sorry just a little on edge today FROM STUPIDITY.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Just another point of view. Here in SC, there are limits on CC in locations where there is alcohol served in a bar-type setting; to me that means, at least in SC, if the bowling alley has a full service bar associated with it (and most alleys do have a bar) then I CANNOT bring the CCW into the establishment. Be sure of your state's rules on this point.
    PA has no such laws.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by GEOD View Post
    IF YOU EVER LEFT YOUR GUN IN A BOWLING BAG OF SOME SORT YOU WOULD BE LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYONE . You can not keep an eye on a gun while you bowl , you can't keep a eye on your coat. I have holsters that will retain my CCW without any worry of it "DROPPING'. There is no PRINTING , BULGING OR SHOWING. THATS WHY THEY CALL IT CONCEALED. If you can not conceal it , control it safely then , Do not carry it . Sorry just a little on edge today FROM STUPIDITY.
    ********. Concealed is concealed, anywhere, not just on your immediate person. There are more weapons in briefcases than you apparently know about. I can easily put my briefcase next to my chair and be quite aware of it. Or my coat hanging on the back of my chair. Furthermore, there's usually a weapon in the console of my truck that I lock when I step out of it. AND OF COURSE I'M RESPONSIBLE FOR IT. So what's your point? I'm not suggesting you put a gun in your coat pocket and hang it in the cloakroom down the hall. Or tossing your gym bag under the table and wandering off down the bowling alley. So get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by njsportsman View Post
    Going bowling in Philly in a few weeks would you carry and will the gun be uncomfortable while bowling. I stink at bowling that's not the issue. The issue would be comfort and being able to move and bend without printing. This is a kids soccer team fund raiser so, I am tied on what to do. I have a Glock 19 with a supertuck IBW holster. Thanks
    So have you bowled yet? What did you decide to do?

What!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    ********. Concealed is concealed, anywhere, not just on your immediate person. There are more weapons in briefcases than you apparently know about. I can easily put my briefcase next to my chair and be quite aware of it. Or my coat hanging on the back of my chair. Furthermore, there's usually a weapon in the console of my truck that I lock when I step out of it. AND OF COURSE I'M RESPONSIBLE FOR IT. So what's your point? I'm not suggesting you put a gun in your coat pocket and hang it in the cloakroom down the hall. Or tossing your gym bag under the table and wandering off down the bowling alley. So get a grip.
    Nobody , is talking about OFF BODY CONCEALED ,the post clearly asked about 'CARRY' while bowling. If my post struck a nerve, it was not address to you . It was a STATEMENT NOT A QUESTION . So KEEP your LOOSE grip to your self.

I"m sorry to all the other posts that had to read this. But trying to justifying lack of sense and unsafe practice of weapon control is ******** . CONCEALED "CARRY" WEAPON , MEANS ON YOU. IN THE CAR AND HOME IT MIGHT BE CONCEALED. a brief case on the floor or a coat on your chair is NOT CARRY. iTS off body concealment, Unless you CARRY your wife's pocketbook on your shoulder while you bowl Is the only CCW you can justify. So hang on to that purse.

Cant help it... I just have this vision of an entire bowling alley full of all the local range rats shooting bowling pins during a tuesday night match. haha

Quote Originally Posted by GEOD View Post
    Nobody , is talking about OFF BODY CONCEALED ,the post clearly asked about 'CARRY' while bowling. If my post struck a nerve, it was not address to you . It was a STATEMENT NOT A QUESTION . So KEEP your LOOSE grip to your self.

I"m sorry to all the other posts that had to read this. But trying to justifying lack of sense and unsafe practice of weapon control is ******** . CONCEALED "CARRY" WEAPON , MEANS ON YOU. IN THE CAR AND HOME IT MIGHT BE CONCEALED. a brief case on the floor or a coat on your chair is NOT CARRY. iTS off body concealment, Unless you CARRY your wife's pocketbook on your shoulder while you bowl Is the only CCW you can justify. So hang on to that purse.
    Alright, it's easy to misinterpret posts, so, in the interest of peaceful resolution, my apologies to you, sir, if I did, in fact, misconstrue what you were saying. I read your post as calling me stupid for suggesting carrying off body in a gym bag, or whatever. (Now, if you WERE calling me stupid, cancel my apology...).

I know the question was regarding carrying while bowling. I merely suggested a possible alternative to carrying on your person in a situation wherein that might be cumbersome. I do routinely have a weapon in my briefcase, often as a backup to the one I'm carrying.

And hey, you can make fun of me when you catch me carrying that purse, but I hope you have a smile on your face when you do it.

11. ... can't you just ccw and "not" bowl... sorry folks, I'm just going to sit and enjoy watching all the rest of you tonight...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast