Carrying and bowling
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carrying and bowling

1. Carrying and bowling

Going bowling in Philly in a few weeks would you carry and will the gun be uncomfortable while bowling. I stink at bowling that's not the issue. The issue would be comfort and being able to move and bend without printing. This is a kids soccer team fund raiser so, I am tied on what to do. I have a Glock 19 with a supertuck IBW holster. Thanks

With a G19, I'd probably leave it in my vehicle. Thats a little too large for me to be bending over and constantly adjusting my shirt afterwards.
    Gun control: Forcing a 95lb woman to fist fight a 300lb rapist

Yeah, as a bowler, I'd have to agree with Ryan. Too many issues and unnecessary concerns (especially with kids around) to deal with it. Hopefully S doesn't HTF while you bowl!!

Reap the Vision...
    ...Mike

I'm not sure how big your Glock is as I'm not very familiar with their line. But for very discreet carry I have a Taurus titanium (85 I think) in .38 +P that I carry in a Galco front pocket holster. I can even wear shorts with it and if it doesn't "print" - but even if it did the holster is shaped so it looks like a wallet. One of the nice things about this setup is that on the few occasions when I felt there might be a threat I was able to put my hand in my pocket (and on the firearm) without raising any alarm/suspicion. It just looked like a casual gesture. It only carries 5 rounds but here in TX it's often too hot to wear a jacket or vest and TX doesn't allow open carry. When the weather turns cooler then I go back to a larger firearm with a belt holster.

Sounds like a good reason to go buy a new gun. A Keltec P3AT, Ruger LCP, or a Kahr P380 in either the pocket or the ankle and you're good to go.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

7. I carry a G20 and G29 while bowling, golfing and just running errands... Wear double tshirts...L and XL. I have never had a problem with it and the G20/29 feels huge with me and I have the CBST, too...

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    Sounds like a good reason to go buy a new gun. A Keltec P3AT, Ruger LCP, or a Kahr P380 in either the pocket or the ankle and you're good to go.
    As much as I like Kahr Arms, you forgot to add in the Sig P238. Mine has been doing really good so far!
    Gun control: Forcing a 95lb woman to fist fight a 300lb rapist

have you tried a smart carry holster? it shouldn't limit your movement and you won't have to worry about printing.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

10. newbie here: try a fanny pack type holster, I don't think it would be in the way... so to access if it's on the back side, but at least it's available.

I carry a Glock G-21 in a Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe and I have gone bowling with it many times. I just wear a shirt 1 size larger than I usually wear and have no problem at all.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast