Moved to CT - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moved to CT

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    Also, if you have a permit already, I would highly recommend you apply for an out of state CT license before you move to Connecticut. Out of state permits are handled by the state, and tend to be processed much quicker. Once you move, you simply notify the state police of your change of address, and you are all set. If you wait until you are here, you will be required to apply through your local police department and, depending on where you live, it will take CONSIDERABLY longer (my experience in New Haven was terrible).
    That's good advice!

Also, open carry is allowed and that's great, no more worries of "printing" and accidental brandishing, so feel free to pull out the OWB holsters

Red face Au contraire, my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo900 View Post
    That's good advice!

Also, open carry is allowed and that's great, no more worries of "printing" and accidental brandishing, so feel free to pull out the OWB holsters
    While sites like opencarry.org list CT as an open carry state, it is a legally gray area, and some folks HAVE been arrested recently exercising their 2nd amendment right to open carry. It seems that it rather depends on the town in which you find yourself while open carrying.

Good luck!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

While sites like opencarry.org list CT as an open carry state, it is a legally gray area, and some folks HAVE been arrested recently exercising their 2nd amendment right to open carry. It seems that it rather depends on the town in which you find yourself while open carrying.

Good luck!
    I saw it all started with this article.
    Support Is Growing For Openly Carrying Permitted Weapons - Courant.com

Also, the arrest of an open-carrier, which was thrown out by the judge, because there is nothing in CT law stating that gun must be concealed.
    "There is no law that expressly prohibits the open carrying of a firearm by somebody who has a permit to carry it, in and of itself," said Chief State's Attorney Kevin Kane. "But there are statutes that could very well be violated, depending on the evidence and the circumstances. And that could lead to arrest, confiscation and forfeiture of firearms that are displayed in violation of those statutes."

Many of us who carry in CT always new that "technically" you can carry in CT, but practically none of us wanted to be a "test-case" and CT can revoke you license anytime if they feel you are not a responsible carrier, and there lays the kicker!

I'm with you, Ricardo!

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo900 View Post
    I saw it all started with this article.
    Support Is Growing For Openly Carrying Permitted Weapons - Courant.com

Also, the arrest of an open-carrier, which was thrown out by the judge, because there is nothing in CT law stating that gun must be concealed.
    "There is no law that expressly prohibits the open carrying of a firearm by somebody who has a permit to carry it, in and of itself," said Chief State's Attorney Kevin Kane. "But there are statutes that could very well be violated, depending on the evidence and the circumstances. And that could lead to arrest, confiscation and forfeiture of firearms that are displayed in violation of those statutes."

Many of us who carry in CT always new that "technically" you can carry in CT, but practically none of us wanted to be a "test-case" and CT can revoke you license anytime if they feel you are not a responsible carrier, and there lays the kicker!
    I get what you are saying, and I totally support you. The big issue, for me, is that if I am illegally arrested for open carry here in New Haven, and I have a few friends on the force who say that there are definitely some officers who will do so if given the opportunity, then my permit is automatically revoked. That means money that I don't have to get out of jail, time that I don't have to get my confiscated weapon returned, and about a year to get a hearing to (hopefully) get my permit restored. That is a long time to be undefended, ESPECIALLY in my neighborhood.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Thumbs up Agreed!

I get what you are saying, and I totally support you. The big issue, for me, is that if I am illegally arrested for open carry here in New Haven, and I have a few friends on the force who say that there are definitely some officers who will do so if given the opportunity, then my permit is automatically revoked. That means money that I don't have to get out of jail, time that I don't have to get my confiscated weapon returned, and about a year to get a hearing to (hopefully) get my permit restored. That is a long time to be undefended, ESPECIALLY in my neighborhood.
    You are spot on about that! I hereby retract the open carrying, OWB & Printing is ok in CT. Don't be a test-case

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12