I got the call today!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got the call today!

1. Thumbs up I got the call today!

Approx. 34 days from submitting my paperwork and prints to the New Milford, CT PD, I got the call! I'm all checked out and good to go for my State permit! Wooo Hooo!

3. Congrats!

Congrats!

Congrats! It's one of the best feelings in the world!

Good deal,
    Keep your paws off my Carrots and my guns
    My rules to live by Never trust a squirrel, never french kiss an ardvark and never bring Jumbo hotdogs to a nudist colony barbcue.

7. My CT permit was issued today. I got my original permit in 1986 just after leaving the USAF. In 2006 I was distracted (and not carrying regularly) and it expired. By the time I realized it, it was too late to renew and I just let it go. I reapplied this year and it took 6 weeks to the day to come in. However, the cost did go up, A LOT

$115 for the pistol class
    $15 to have my prints taken
    $20 for the state background check
    $50 for the FBI background check
    $70 to pick up the temporary permit
    $70 to convert it to the permanent permit

Thats $340 total. I think it cost like $35 in 1986...

Going shopping this weekend :-)

Congrats !

MUCH better than here in New Haven. It was past the 90 limit, and even then only after I made repeated calls to the department.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

10. Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    MUCH better than here in New Haven. It was past the 90 limit, and even then only after I made repeated calls to the department.
    Wow, when did you get your permit?

I submitted all of my paperwork on June 23rd, took 47 days to get the call and today i was off from work and went up to Middletown for my CCW.

CT needs a better concealed carry law, IMHO. The local permit and background check is a waste of time. Everything can be done by the State PD with a NICS check.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast