Help me fix Connecticut - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me fix Connecticut

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    If you're going to be governor you can't tell people not to come back to CT. To be in politics, even an honest man must learn a certain lying "tact" so his detractors can't use his own words against him.
    Why? Cuomo said that New Yorkers didn't want conservatives and that all conservatives should leave. //sarcasm
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

3. So Ed - what will your key issues be? Have you established a website? Are you officially registered for the next Gov race? When does Malloy expire anyway ()
    how would you rate your public speaking and debate skills? In order to influence the race and steer the conversation to your issues, people have to take you seriously.

Unfortunately, my experience has been that even if you succeed beyond your wildest, there are too many sheeple in CT who will willingly trade their liberty (which they don't perceive as liberty, they perceive gun ownership as a plague) for the illusion of safety. The uninformed masses aren't able or willing to make the logical leap that law abiding citizens with guns help keep the peace and pose no threat to anyone but criminals. The politicians who pass garbage like the recent draconian gun bill are intellectually dishonest, because they DO know better. They just hate your guns. So the sheeple will continue to vote for the liberal guy who promises more free housing and food stamps. Not everyone, not everywhere, but enough that a conservative stands no chance there. As a former resident there who luckily escaped before this crapola got enacted, i pity those of you freedom-lovers still stuck in the People's Republic of Connecticut.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants ... for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12