CT non-resident permit - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: CT non-resident permit

1. Quote Originally Posted by vt_shooter View Post
    By any chance have you since gotten a non-resident permit and can tell us what the turn around time was?
    For anyone still curious, the turn around time on a CT non-res permit for me was a little more than 19 weeks (slightly over 4 months). I submitted mine in early Oct 2013 and received it in Mid Feb 2014.

I called the licensing division in Jan to inquire about the status and was informed that 4 months is the typical time for non-res permits right now.

3. do I have to return it

I left CT a few years ago, and my CT permit finally expired. Does anyone know if I have to return it to the CT State Gestapo, or can I just destroy it, or keep it as a keepsake?
    (I would choke myself, before I would voluntarily pay another cent to the fascist government of the Unconstitutional State!)

I wrote to the CT Gestapo, but they haven't responded yet.
    (I know CT is a full-retard state in such things. So, I want to make sure. My mom got an expired car registration bill with all the penalties and interest MORE THAN 10 YEARS after she left CT, because she didn't return the expired license plate to the CT DMV! Saying that she didn't know she had to do that, didn't make any difference either. She is still paying it off...)

So glad I left that part of the Fourth Reich! My condolences to all the 2A people stuck there...

What hold did the State of Connecticut have over your mom so that she had to pay them? She committed no crime. She can't be extradited. She should have ignored any and all mailings.

I doubt that you have to return an expired CCW permit. Are you required to surrender an expired driver's license?

Your new state DMV should have advised her that she was supposed to return her Ct plates. Her option, but with ramifications if not returned.

6. Police-State Retardom of Connecticut

Quote Originally Posted by ctwendel View Post
    Your new state DMV should have advised her that she was supposed to return her Ct plates. Her option, but with ramifications if not returned.
    To get back on the topic though: the concealed permit, the CT gestapo said i can just destroy. They don't care if I have an expired one, the way DMV cares about expired license plates! Government imbecility in action! Paid for by you and me!

(What we found out, I don't remember how, is that if she doesn't pay them, they will just claim against her estate with all the interest and penalties when she dies...

That's the whole strategy including in gun laws in police-state retardoms like CT: make a myriad of gotcha laws and policies, which the average citizen could not possibly know and keep track of continuously, and will likely violate through at least through no oversight of their own.

Then the CT institutions of legal theft get the legal basis to pilfer them for money or incarcerate them.

I've lived in 8 other states in my life. None have come after me yet or anyone I know of for something so idiotic, not to mention a decade after the fact.)

"if she doesn't pay them, they will just claim against her estate with all the interest and penalties when she dies..."

They would first have to go to court and get a judgment against her. That means they would have to contact her officially within a reasonable time after her plates expired and demand payment. If they did that, her lawyer could easily get the case thrown out.

8. Very informative thread. I am in Mystic for a government contract job for a few months. I have a CCW from Florida and South Carolina. Will either of these allow proof of course, basic course, as I did it SC and Floridas was a DD214 for class? Also, can I get an Non resident application sent here or can you pick one up locally, as I am in a Hotel. Sorry for all the questions, just happy I can actually apply for a non resident, as I was under the impression it was a no go before I came up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
    Very informative thread. I am in Mystic for a government contract job for a few months. I have a CCW from Florida and South Carolina. Will either of these allow proof of course, basic course, as I did it SC and Floridas was a DD214 for class? Also, can I get an Non resident application sent here or can you pick one up locally, as I am in a Hotel. Sorry for all the questions, just happy I can actually apply for a non resident, as I was under the impression it was a no go before I came up here.

Likely the class you took for SC will work.

despp: Connecticut State Pistol Permit

10. I applied about a year ago for a non-resident Connecticut Pistol Permit, which was granted. I had just completed the Texas Concealed Handgun License class in San Antonio, Texas, in October, 2014. It isn't readily apparent, but Connecticut, a may issue state, acts like a shall issue state if you have a permit to carry a concealed weapon in another state (once you obtain the application, then you can see from their questions that you have to supply information for your out of state permit to carry). It took a few calls, but I finally spoke to a knowledgeable woman who confirmed the Texas CHL class would be accepted, and it was. It had classroom and a proficiency firing test. Good luck.

The only thing that I have been concerned about since receiving the pistol permit, is that you have to watch the magazine limit. As a result I carry a single stack pistol, and have recently bought two extra 10-round magazines for my Browning Hi Power.
    Last edited by MPHrycak; 12-15-2015 at 08:33 AM. Reason: clarification

A note on the class requirements. CT accepted my Nevada training certificate. We have an 8 hour initial training requirement plus live fire qualification. I don't know if CT has made it more strict considering the event of last year.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345