CT non-resident permit - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: CT non-resident permit

1. An update as to how long the Non-Resident CT permit takes to process. I submitted my paperwork on 21 November 2017, DEPS received it on 26 November 2017, and I received my permit on 20 February 2018. The blue FBI fingerprint card is no longer required, only the green CT fingerprint card. Also, as of 1 December 2017, I was told by DEPS that the fee increased from $70 to $300 for a five year permit.

3. How long is the Non-Resident Pistol permit good for? I do hold a NY resident permit.
    I thought I had read somewhere it is only good for 1 year.

4. Quote Originally Posted by iGit View Post
    How long is the Non-Resident Pistol permit good for? I do hold a NY resident permit.
    I thought I had read somewhere it is only good for 1 year.
    The non-resident permit is good for five years according to the front of my permit. A word of advice if you are just beginning the application process. Ensure you get someone who knows how to correctly get fingerprints. Mine were rejected twice. I ended up driving to their office in Middletown to get it done there. In comparing my two rejections to the one just taken it was clear the first two individuals didn't know how to take fingerprints.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456