Slow in Ct.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Slow in Ct.

Question Slow in Ct.

Wondering why it's so slow in Ct. How many members do we have in the state?
    "The Second Amendment, The Original Homeland Security"

I'm in Bristol.

4. Ct here also.

5. CT

Quietly here in Litchfield Hills

echo_5 Guest

Smile CT member

Norwich here. Member of Quaker Hill Rod & Gun Club.

7. Also here in CT. West of the state.

New Haven. Shoot at Chris' Indoor in Guilford and Blue Trail in Wallingford.

CT...

I have a non-resident CT. CT SP always takes the full 60 days. While CT is borderline shall issue, CT SP always drags their feet from what I've heard. On the 60th day I CT SP an e-mail, they responded back it'll be in the mail next week. I also had to send it back because they omitted a digit on my weight. Took about two weeks for them to straighten that out and send me another one.

If you're a CT resident, it's usually the local agency you apply through that drags their feet. If it's moving too slow for you, you could petition the CT BPFE. CT SP and local law enforcement agencies get their wrists slapped by the CT BPFE regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    CT SP and local law enforcement agencies get their wrists slapped by the CT BPFE regularly.
    The CT BPFE is currently being sued with a class action including one of their own board members for not doing their job.

http://ourrockyhill.com/

The BPFE doesn't want you to have a gun anymore than your local PD dragging their feet on your permit does.

CT is largely gun-unfriendly. Even CT's pro-gun residents are mostly content to watch the fed pass laws restricting their rights and as I see it would be more than willing to hand their guns over to the first "official" knocking on the door demanding them.

Annexed by NY or NJ?

Sounds like CT is getting annexed into NJ or NY(C). Back when I applied for my CT back in 2005 and the experiences I heard about on PDO prior to its demise, CT was only running a week or two behind the 60 days. BPFE smacked CT SP over requiring a non-resident applicant having a CCW in their State of residency when a NJ resident was denied by CT SP for not having a NJ CCW. Sounds like my renewal in 2010 is going to be interesting if this mess is still in place.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast