CT expatriat gleefully thumbing nose
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CT expatriat gleefully thumbing nose

CT expatriat gleefully thumbing nose

Well, I got sick of CT's gun laws long ago and finally was able to move out of state over this past Summer.

Yesterday I picked up my first AK-47.

Screw you Connecticut.

And yes, I quit a job and picked up and moved just because CT wouldn't let me own an AK.
    That's all the reason I needed.

Oh happy day!

Sometimes, a man just gotta do what a mans' gotta do

good for you.

Congrats on the AKmatic. I got an AK74, oops, I mean an Arsenal SLR-105. Since it's chambered in 5.45x39, that makes it CT legal and cheaper to shoot.
    Legalize Freedom!

building an AR on my blog

5. Good luck to you!

I don't think it's so bad here. Honestly, i'd rather be surrounded by tighter laws with more competent firearm owners than surrounded by "anyone can have a gun" toting peoples who use their firearm for practice once a year. I like to know that there's more people out there who can competently have my back than a mexican standoff style of society. Of course, I speak only generally. We have both sides of the coin just like anywhere else. Even at my club there's some retards who cant seem to keep their rifle pointed downrange as they walk sideways.

I don't think it's so bad here. Honestly, i'd rather be surrounded by tighter laws with more competent firearm owners than surrounded by "anyone can have a gun" toting peoples who use their firearm for practice once a year.
    Interesting enough it seems that statistically it doesn't make any difference. The "requirements" don't make anyone any safer.

Even at my club there's some retards who cant seem to keep their rifle pointed downrange as they walk sideways.
    Unfortunately that seems to always be the fact.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Quote Originally Posted by Stratus41298 View Post
    Good luck to you!

I don't think it's so bad here. Honestly, i'd rather be surrounded by tighter laws with more competent firearm owners than surrounded by "anyone can have a gun" toting peoples who use their firearm for practice once a year. I like to know that there's more people out there who can competently have my back than a mexican standoff style of society. Of course, I speak only generally. We have both sides of the coin just like anywhere else. Even at my club there's some retards who cant seem to keep their rifle pointed downrange as they walk sideways.
    What's sad is that there are folks out there who mistake an "idiot with a gun" for a "retard". I've instructed many "retards" a.k.a. "special needs" students who are a lot more proficient with a firearm than others I've seen in the shooting community.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Other than the winter weather, New Hampshire, with its awesome gun laws and low taxes, is almost heaven. I think you'll enjoy it there. Have fun!
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    Interesting enough it seems that statistically it doesn't make any difference. The "requirements" don't make anyone any safer.
    I am not sure of that as per the little book "How to Lie With Statistics". We tend to quote stats in our favor and make them enforce our beliefs. Too many times there are many more variables than just what we include with statistics. The ingrained attitudes of the people in a locality may have much more to do with the safety of firearms than any training or permits. We like to quote stats from Alaska or Vermont on how permits don't matter but would the same laws in those states work in others? When people of lesser income are closely packed then crime goes up for some reason. Very little of Alaska's land is highly populated such as in cities like New York and you can't convince me that the same laws the work in Alaska will work in NYC. Vermont has a much higher income and higher average intelligence level than many Southern states. What works in VT may not work in Mississippi.

I will totally agree that there are many gun laws that are beyond reason as well as many other laws. But just allowing anyone that wants to walk around with a pistol on their side on 5th Ave. in NYC isn't going to work out like it does in AK or VT.

10. Fair enough glock fan! It's just the term retard is such a satisfying word to use in this instance!

As for laws across the board, I would agree that similar laws in each state could cause those problems. However, I would hope that if we had laws across the board, they would be better laws to cover all peoples. I still say that if the record is clean, they should be able to carry where they want to.

We like to quote stats from Alaska or Vermont on how permits don't matter but would the same laws in those states work in others?
    Why wouldn't they? Why do you distrust law abiding citizens? The crime isn't being committed by law abiding citizens. Violence isn't being committed by law abiding citizens. Murder isn't being committed by law abiding citizens.

Vermont has a much higher income and higher average intelligence level than many Southern states.
    Ho! Ho! Ho! I'm sure you will want to show us the evidence of that claim.

Income really has nothing to do with morals/crime. In the 20's and 30's, blacks who were the poorest of the poor, discriminated against, and generally mistreated had a much lower crime and violence rate than did whites. They also had strong family units.

just allowing anyone that wants to walk around with a pistol on their side on 5th Ave. in NYC isn't going to work out like it does in AK or VT.
    Gee, that isn't what Alaska and Vermont do, is it? Criminals are not legally allowed to keep or carry guns.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast