Nonresident LTC question

Thread: Nonresident LTC question

1. Nonresident LTC question

Hello,
    Just had a simple question about getting a Conn. LTC. I have a CCW in my home state of Missouri, and I have the NRA Basic Pistol Course for training. Should that be enough? And that little card they sent along with the application that wants a reason to carry. What would be a good reason to fill in there? Any help would be great!!! thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by inaworldoflint View Post
    Hello,
    Just had a simple question about getting a Conn. LTC. I have a CCW in my home state of Missouri, and I have the NRA Basic Pistol Course for training. Should that be enough? And that little card they sent along with the application that wants a reason to carry. What would be a good reason to fill in there? Any help would be great!!! thanks...
    Personal protection should suffice for your reason. You might want to check the reciprocation map on this site to see if your permit will be any good in Connecticut.

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    Personal protection should suffice for your reason. You might want to check the reciprocation map on this site to see if your permit will be any good in Connecticut.
    CT recognizes no other permit but their own.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Quote Originally Posted by inaworldoflint View Post
    Hello,
    Yes that should work fine. Keep in mind they typically issue beyond the 60 days now. There's some issues with the CT BPFE. Reason is simple, protection and all lawful purposes.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...