Looking for the best CCW class.

Thread: Looking for the best CCW class.

Looking for the best CCW class.

Well, now that I have decided that I am going to stay here in CT for a while, I need to take the permit class. Ideally, I would like to take a class that will, while qualifying me for the CT permit, will also pass muster with FL, AZ, and Utah (provided they don't eliminate out-of-state permits).

Anybody out there a multi-state pistol permit teacher?
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

3. Well, my father teaches a mean course, but I don't know anything about a multi-state course. Can't image what they'd do different. Private message me if you're interested.
    "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by six"
    -Sgt. Jeremy Clark WHPD

wolfhunter Guest
    The Utah class is a specific course of study, so unless you get a CT/UT class, you'll need two courses. AZ class must be taken in state. FL will apparently accept any course accepted by CT/UT/AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    Well, now that I have decided that I am going to stay here in CT for a while, I need to take the permit class. Ideally, I would like to take a class that will, while qualifying me for the CT permit, will also pass muster with FL, AZ, and Utah (provided they don't eliminate out-of-state permits).

Anybody out there a multi-state pistol permit teacher?
    I schedule NRA Basic Pistol classes twice monthly at the Hartford Gun Club. I'm both NRA and MA State Police certified. www.NRApistolinstructor.com

The NRA course is accepted by many states including ME, NH, PA and FL which are all great licenses to have and can be applied for through the mail. While the NRA Basic Pistol course also meets MA requirements, the instructor must also furnish a MA State Police Basic Firearm Safety certificate.

Your CT license is honored by AZ. I'd suggest a FL license - it covers everything that Utah does with the exception of OR.
    "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." ~ Ronald Reagan

6. Multi State

Check out my site at www.nraclass.com

I offer CT, Mass and Utah.

Joel

Arrow Hey, J, we already talked!

Quote Originally Posted by jdemers View Post
    Check out my site at www.nraclass.com

I offer CT, Mass and Utah.

Joel
    I am really interested in the combo CT/UT class. When we spoke on the telephone, you mentioned that you might run a class on 4/19. Then I saw the 4/8 class!?! (today is 4/12)

I left a message on your machine a few days ago. Call me when you get a chance. with enough notice, I am sure that I could get a few more people for the class.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

8. Here is a link to - that's funny - USA Carry's website - a list of approved instructors out of state that Utah recognizes. It seems the chief difference is a firearms familiarity portion of the instruction. Odd, i seem to remember something like that in my class all those years ago. Anyway, here it is:

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/doc...outofstate.pdf

Good luck.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants ... for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Lightbulb Well, I finally found my class......

I took two classes with Jim Hutchison. I took both the NRA class for CT, as well as the Utah class. He was very personable and knowledgeable. His website is:

index

I have also heard good things about Joel Demers. His website is:

www.nraclass.com

CT. would not recognize my Florida course because it said Pistol Safety instead of Basic Pistol. I took Bruce Gallups NRA Basic Pistol course. His website is Connecticut Pistol Permit Instruction. Definitely valid in CT. as I received my CT. permit 3 weeks later.