Just received the CT non-res application; help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Just received the CT non-res application; help

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    126

    Just received the CT non-res application; help

    I received my application for the non resident LTC. Got a question because there is some conflicting info on here.

    On the white index card size DPS-46-C Application for State Permit to Carry Pistols & Revolvers, it has a spot for "Local Permit From." Does that mean where my out of state permits are? (I have VA, FL and NH). Because it says City/Town or Borough which made me second guess that assumption.

    Also, it says "Dated at <blank> this <blank> day of <blank> 20 <blank>." I'm guessing this small index card needs to be notarized as well?

    And is DPS-129-C the renewal form that I DO NOT need to fill out if this my first application?

  2.   
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Green Valley (Henderson) NV
    Posts
    853
    I have a non-resident CT. Yes it does.

    You need to fill out everything that's included in the application package. The DPS-129-C is where you affix your passport photo. It will be the one form you will complete at renewal as well as your initial if I recall correctly.

    I don't recall having to notarize my initial CT application. If there's a signature spot labeled "notary public" then yes.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

  4. #3
    I did not need to notarize the small white index card, but I definitely had to notarize one of the larger forms.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Boy View Post
    I did not need to notarize the small white index card, but I definitely had to notarize one of the larger forms.
    If you did not need to notarize the index card, what did you fill out for the part at the bottom that said: "Dated at ____ this _____ day of _____ 20_____"?

    Also, what did you fill out for "Local Permit From: Name of City/Town of Borough_____Date Of Permit"?

  6. #5
    Sorry Abacab, I went back into my files to see if I had copies of the original application and I did not. So, I'm working from memory here and it was a while back that I filled all this out. Once again from memory I think I called and asked someone at the DPS about the white card and the local permit question and was told to put in any current CWP number and state of issuance. I'm almost sure they said don't worry about notarizing the white card. I would remember having my notary stamp such a small card.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    126
    I sent my paper work off a week and a half ago. They've already cashed my cheques. I guess that's a good sign.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    126
    Got my permit today. I was approved on the 31st of July (letter dated then) and it was delivered today. I enjoy sending my money to states other than Maryland.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Abacab View Post
    I received my application for the non resident LTC. Got a question because there is some conflicting info on here.

    On the white index card size DPS-46-C Application for State Permit to Carry Pistols & Revolvers, it has a spot for "Local Permit From." Does that mean where my out of state permits are? (I have VA, FL and NH). Because it says City/Town or Borough which made me second guess that assumption.

    Also, it says "Dated at <blank> this <blank> day of <blank> 20 <blank>." I'm guessing this small index card needs to be notarized as well?
    So, what did you write in the "Local Permit From" space, and did you need to have anything notorized?

    Also, being in MD, did you have to go to CT for a CCW class?
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    So, what did you write in the "Local Permit From" space, and did you need to have anything notorized?

    Also, being in MD, did you have to go to CT for a CCW class?
    My NRA Basic Pistol Course certification was sufficient. They told me to leave that space blank when I called them. I only had to get the documents that specifically say must be notarized done. And for the cost I feel like it was worth it, as it only amounted to 45 dollars or so.

  11. #10
    I just received my non resident app yesterday. It looks like there are 2 pages (full size) that need notarized?

    It also looks like need 2 money orders? One for $35 and a 2nd for $19.25 to go with the fingerprints?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast