Notice: Price Increase - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Notice: Price Increase

I checked the CT State Police website, it's across the board, resident and non-resident.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Well, they cashed my 35 dollar check last week and my fingerprint check today. I mailed the application on 9/28. Hopefully I will be seeing a new permit soon!

I finally manged to get my prints done yesterday....pisser of it is...I dont see ANYWHERE on the paperwork that said prints had to be done by law enforcement! I also have the apps for FL and VA and they both specifically say "must be done by law enforcement"...so i just assumed CT had to also

So now i just need to get another $35 money order....and drop it in mail...

WHOA!!! Wait a minute!!!

I was just looking to see if they changed the fee amount on line...and i saw this on the DPS-799

Completed State of CT and Federal fingerprint card with $50.00 fee and $19.25 fee payable to DPS for criminal history background checks;
    Now there is a 2nd fee associated with the fingerprints???? Where'd the extra 50 charge come from???

Its not on my application that i just mailed out...i put the extra 35 for the 35 to 70 increase but not 50...

They better not send it back to me....

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    WHOA!!! Wait a minute!!!

I was just looking to see if they changed the fee amount on line...and i saw this on the DPS-799

Now there is a 2nd fee associated with the fingerprints???? Where'd the extra 50 charge come from???

Its not on my application that i just mailed out...i put the extra 35 for the 35 to 70 increase but not 50...

They better not send it back to me....
    They always had two fees as I remember cutting two cheques for my permit. Obviously they made it more confusing.

Sorry...i didnt paste it all:

Completed State of CT and Federal fingerprint card with $50.00 fee and $19.25 fee payable to DPS for criminal history background checks;
    �� Firearms Safety & Use Course Certificate;
    �� $70.00 payable to DPS;
    �� Completed Application for State Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers form (DPS-46-C);
    There are 3 fees now....

So what was $35 + $19.25 = $44.25....is now $50 + $19.25 + $70 = $139.25application

That 50 is new. I sent mine in before the deadline, and only included a 35.00 check and the 19.25 check. The paperwork that CT send said nothing of a 50.00 check and they cashed both of my checks.

I just looked at an extra ct application I had, the 7/09 revision.
    There are 2 fees- 19.25 and 35.00

The new 10/09 revision has 3
    19.25, 50.00, and 70.00

They doubled the application fee and added a 50.00 fingerprint fee.

Quote Originally Posted by dendrokeeper View Post
    That 50 is new. I sent mine in before the deadline, and only included a 35.00 check and the 19.25 check. The paperwork that CT send said nothing of a 50.00 check and they cashed both of my checks.
    You get your permit yet? I think they cashed my DPS check first.

No permit yet. I mailed it on 9/28. DPS was cached first and the fingerprint check was cached I think a week later.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast