Insurance company
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insurance company

1. Insurance company

Where I can find a insurance company for a injury person and for a lawyer?

If something is happen to you got shot or you shot to a person, and taken person to the hospital. You need a insurance company for the medical insured. If a bad guy sued you to court, is there a insurance company can covered for the lawyer's fee.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by RRGlock23 View Post
    Where I can find a insurance company for a injury person and for a lawyer?

If something is happen to you got shot or you shot to a person, and taken person to the hospital. You need a insurance company for the medical insured. If a bad guy sued you to court, is there a insurance company can covered for the lawyer's fee.
    You Sigline says "NRA member"--check with them first. NRA offers several types of coverage for gun owners.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Also.. better grammar would get more responses. I'm still not sure what you asked.

SC CWP
    NH non-res CWP
    NRA Member

5. N/A
    Last edited by vic40204; 12-15-2009 at 04:58 PM. Reason: N/A

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSumter View Post
    Also.. better grammar would get more responses. I'm still not sure what you asked.

You and me both... Sounded to me like he was trying to say something along the lines of, 'what insurance company will pay my lawyer fees if I get in a gunfight and one/both of us gets shot and require medical attention?'

To answer the OP; I have no clue if an insurance company covers lawyer fees period, let alone if you get shot/shoot someone and have to go to court.

7. sorry guys that is my bad grammar

thanks for your feedback
    NRA Life Member

RRGlock23,

If I understand your question correctly, unfortunately there is no such insurance policy to cover your liability when you shoot someone in self defense.

Self defense is a deliberate act. Under a claim of self defense one is stating "I did this and here's why I was justified."

Homeowners insurance won't cover you for deliberate acts. Only accidents. However, you don't EVER wanna claim "Officer, I didn't mean to shoot him" or "the gun went off by accident". You've perhaps just admitted to manslaughter.

A person in their own home, at least, ought to be immunity from civil liability if they didn't do anything criminally wrong in defending themselves from criminal attack. However, oughta, coulda, woulda, shoulda.
    Ken Grubb
    Puyallup, WA

IF you are residing in a state that has a Castle Doctrine a perp has to be out of his mind to fool with you. In SC, the law is rather clear--there is a presumption of reasonable fear of bodily injury or death if a slimeball is just in the process of unlawfully and forcefully entering your house OR your car---in which case you can use deadly force to meet the presumed threat. Out on the road or in the street where there is an altercation and not a forceful entry into your car, you had better be careful. In either case, at least in SC, if you are not liable criminally, you are absolved of any civil liability. Just follow the threads on this forum for individual state laws and read them.

There is such a thing as self defense insurance. It falls under the category of personal liability insurance. Here's one kind offered through the NRA (not underwritten by the NRA):

NRA Endorsed Insurance - Self Defense Coverage

Often your home, renters or car insurance may cover some liability. The suggestion to contact the NRA is a good one, but inquire of your insurance agent.
    Make sure your insurance carrier does not "force" you to plead or settle to something just to save them money. You are worried about your legal criminal liability and reputation. Make sure you like the policy and any limitations.
    The people think the Second Amendment protects their rights;
    Government sees an obstacle to be over-come.
    NRA Life since 1966

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast