What if from Hell...
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What if from Hell...

Exclamation What if from Hell...

As you are walking in to your favorite local grocery store you notice an armed robbery taking place inside as you are crossing the parking lot. Do you run away and take cover behind a dumpster, pole etc.? Do you proceed in and try to break things up? or...Do you just clothesline the guy as he comes out the door and hope for the best?

Have you called 911? Are you justified in your actions? after all you ain't inside yet? Are you in immediate danger? When the cops come who is going to be the one on the ground in cuffs? Are you going to act like a vigilante or a solid citizen?
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

3. Perfect answer!

Call 911. If it deteriorates to the point where the BG starts shooting innocent citizens then if I can do something I will. Other wise I am not going to start a shoot out and risk getting bystanders hurt or killed for someone else's money.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

5. < Definitely not getting involved- I'll call in with details to 911, try to get a plate of the fleeing offender, and their direction of travel/anything else I can relay. Unless he starts executing people...

Waiting for the guy to come outside and taking him down at gunpoint is a good idea- at first thought. But what if he retreats back into the store he just robbed and holds hostages. You just turned a robbery into a SWAT style hostage situation.

Clothesline the guy? No way he's considered armed and i'm no bruce lee.
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    < Definitely not getting involved- I'll call in with details to 911, try to get a plate of the fleeing offender, and their direction of travel/anything else I can relay. Unless he starts executing people...
    same here.

Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical
    < Definitely not getting involved- I'll call in with details to 911, try to get a plate of the fleeing offender, and their direction of travel/anything else I can relay. Unless he starts executing people...
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    same here.
    What they said-

Ok. slight change-up: The store clerk who is on the receiving end of the BG's gun barrel is your spouse or kid. NOW, what do you do?

9. Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Ok. slight change-up: The store clerk who is on the receiving end of the BG's gun barrel is your spouse or kid. NOW, what do you do?
    Empty my mag on him
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    Empty my mag on him
    Yeah, that's what I think, too, although it makes me slightly uneasy. For sure, our families are worth more to us than complete strangers, but is that just a way to value human life? That clerk is somebody's wife, sister, mother; shouldn't we step up for them, too?

11. Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Yeah, that's what I think, too, although it makes me slightly uneasy. For sure, our families are worth more to us than complete strangers, but is that just a way to value human life? That clerk is somebody's wife, sister, mother; shouldn't we step up for them, too?
    Unfortunately I think we're all animals. I'd love to be able to help, but our society is so litigious that i'd either end up in criminal court, or civil court (likely both).

Self defense is a personal responsibility. I embrace that as it is my duty to protect myself, and my family from harm. Unfortunately, actions taken by me not acting in an official capacity are actions that I will have to deal with personally- IE: I'm paying the legal fees, and if I lose I'm going to prison.

It would haunt me for life if I were to see the situation occurring,have the means to stop it, and due to my inaction someone be hurt or killed. However, Unless/until the law stops favoring the criminals then I have no choice but to be a witness..

The government and the liberal politicians forced my hand in the matter. If I act I'm a vigilante, if I don't I'm a coward. At least this coward won't be a bankrupt (legal fees) prisoner.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast