what do I do? - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: what do I do?

I indicated in the beginning, that I would travel to the middle of the street. If anything went down, it would be very visible.

I think keeping ones distance is the key.
    In broad daylight the perp is going to wait till the last second to show his hand. The closer he gets to his potential target, the easier it will be.
    The dog is worthless to say the least.
    I am learning lots here.

FYI,
    When Mr Rogers wore his sneakers, and sweater, he was invincible. Nobody would mug him.

If The Guy is Wearing a Long Sleeve "Hoodie" Type Shirt...How Do you SEE the "Prison Tattoos" and Do you EVEN KNOW What a prison tattoo is?
    It Could Mean That he has Given UP the Life of Crime just as Easy as he is Still Very Active in the Crime Life. ...

(BTW) I have Several MC Related Tats from My Younger Days... The Meanings of Them are Well Documented.

Stay Safe... Get a Meaner Dog and You'll Feel Safe. Captain.

Hey Dude: Glad you accepted my apology and realize that I am just trying to make a point. Profiling, contrary to the idiot politicians, homeland security nitwits, and PC police makes perfect sense and is ingrained in all of us and is a basic thought process for our own self-protection. Even Jesse Jackson, that wonderful piece of racist garbage has said that he would certainly give some thought to "doing something" if he is faced with a couple of black guys with apparent attitude coming down a dark street toward him. Israeli's can't stop laughing when our dear airport people pick apart a 97 year old grandma as they waive thru a towelhead that looks like osama and has a passport with stops in Yemen. I may be repeating myself, but if I can avoid any confrontation by doing anything, I will do it and cannot for the life of me understand how anyone cannot agree with that thought when they are CC. That next step for them is going to change things for them in time in court and lots of attorney fees.That does not mean that everytime I see a tatooed, big lug I am going to cross streets, call 911, or somehow go into a state of panic---it means that my own personal indefinable warning lights will kind of tell me if something just is not right. I may be wrong sometimes, but I am 68 and have never been wrong in all those years living in NY/NJ--not exactly the crime free zone of the world.Just sayin. Peace Dude.

its all good man. im a very hard person to offend, both in real life and on the internet. ive had a few close calls but nothing worth crying home about. if i can i wont let it get to the point of drawing my gun unless i absolutley have to. i enjoy cirticism and hearing others point of view vs. my own. not everybody does though. thats just how i turned out i guess.
    "You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    It occurs to me that I probably shouldn't be picking on Mr. Rogers, either. Wasn't the guy a frickin' SEAL or something? There goes my profiling expertise, I guess.
    i was "told" that he was a sniper in vietnam and has lots of tattoos wich is why you always see him in sweaters. dont know how true that is, but thats what "they" say. he always struck me as a wierdo.
    "You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK9 View Post
    If The Guy is Wearing a Long Sleeve "Hoodie" Type Shirt...How Do you SEE the "Prison Tattoos" and Do you EVEN KNOW What a prison tattoo is?
    It Could Mean That he has Given UP the Life of Crime just as Easy as he is Still Very Active in the Crime Life. ...

(BTW) I have Several MC Related Tats from My Younger Days... The Meanings of Them are Well Documented.

Stay Safe... Get a Meaner Dog and You'll Feel Safe. Captain.
    Maybe the hoodie had the sleeves cut off. Its all hypathetical.
    Yes, I have seen more prison tattoo's then i care to. The "ink" is made by the inmates. It lacks the quaity, and safety of the ink used at the tat shops.

We should have a contest.

Would you cross the street if this guy was walking toward you?

Post some pictures and such..

Winner gets... Well... Nothing but the honorary title "Creepy looking character of the Year"...

Lots of good advice here... That's what keeps me coming back...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

9. This is a no brain er! I would simply show him my "Conceal Carry Badge". Unleash pooch and let him decide the next move.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    This is a no brain er! I would simply show him my "Conceal Carry Badge". Unleash pooch and let him decide the next move.
    Iceman I am not sure why you dug up this old post.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    I am walking my friendly small dog. It is early evening. I am armed with a 5 shot revolver in a holster concealed under my jacket.
    A questionable looking character is walking DIRECTLY toward me. He is making eye contact. He is physically larger, and many years younger. Prison tats cover his arms. He is wearing a long white t-shirt or a hooded garment.
    You KNOW one, or all of the following is going to happen. You are about to be:
    1. Asked for directions.
    2. Pan handled.
    3. Mugged.

What do I do?

The only thing I can think of is get in the middle of the street. I am not going to put my hand on my firearm, tipping him off to it's presence.

What do I do? Run? Change dogs? To late for that.
    Display my Concealed Carry Badge, and yell "halt, or I will fire?"
    What will i do?
    Hypothetical situation. First, how do you know he's questionable? I make eye contact with everyone I see. If he's wearing a hoodie it doesn't make him a perp... and you wouldn't see his jailhouse tats. The answer is simple... very simple. AVOIDANCE! Cross the street. If he crosses with you, then cross back. Avoidance, deterrence, de-escalation first.

I hope the CCW badge thing was a joke.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast