7-11 Clerk Shoots Attacker - AND KEEPS JOB
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7-11 Clerk Shoots Attacker - AND KEEPS JOB

7-11 Clerk Shoots Attacker - AND KEEPS JOB

Righteous Shoot...

No charges against clerk who shot robber in Ingram
    Monday, January 07, 2008
    By Milan Simonich, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The 7-Eleven clerk in Ingram who shot and wounded a knife-carrying robber will not be charged with a crime, prosecutors said today.

A review of the case determined that Kaelin Weber, 24, was justified in shooting the robber, Mike Manko, a spokesman for the Allegheny County district attorney, said in a statement.

The robbery suspect, Lawrence V. Davis, 20, of Norristown in Montgomery County, now faces an additional charge of attempted homicide, Mr. Manko said. Allegheny County police already had charged him with robbery and aggravated assault.

Police said Mr. Davis, wearing a mask and carrying a knife, entered the 7-Eleven store in Ingram about 4:30 Christmas morning. Investigators said he leaped over the counter and inflicted cuts on Mr. Weber's right hand and elbow.

Mr. Weber fired several shots at Mr. Davis, causing a number of wounds to his body. Police said none of the injuries was life-threatening.

Mr. Weber continues to work at the store.
    Last edited by GHF; 01-07-2008 at 08:27 PM.
    Orlando, FL

Good news for the good guys!
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

echo_5 Guest

Thumbs up

good guys 1
    bad guys 0

Well that is great. I am very happy he was able to protect himself from an armed robber. I am also VERY happy he was able to keep his job. I think the majority of companies would fire him before his empty brass hit the floor. Even if they did, he would still be alive.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

+1 fo me also.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

We should send thanks to the store owner.

I'd fork over some cash to get him a medal..... and a cookie!:D

The company should be happy he's willing to stay, after that. I for one would not be willing to stay in a $5-8/hr job where some highly motivated loser may well come in and try to rob me for a tray full of grungy small bills and some cigarettes.

Job

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    The company should be happy he's willing to stay, after that. I for one would not be willing to stay in a $5-8/hr job where some highly motivated loser may well come in and try to rob me for a tray full of grungy small bills and some cigarettes.
    +1. I would have to need the job very badly.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

If I was close I'd make a trip to shake his and the store owners hand! Any TV people out there? These stories are starting to come in daily where people are protecting themselves legally. We need a show like "COPS" and call it "CC Concealed Carry" showing the masses out there that the Good Guys are winning.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast