Trespassing sign for a new generation - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Trespassing sign for a new generation

1. I have always used. If you are found here at night, you will be found here in the morning.

Two signs in my yard - first is in my garden in front, second is on both of my gates, sides of my place.

-= Piece Corps =-

4. For all those texters.....KTFO.

I am reluctant to advertise that there are firearms on the premises. I think that just makes you a target for a "professional" career burglar to put more stolen weapons in the hands of baddies.

I think it's better that they not know they're about to die.

I think every state should secede from Washington, DC, then we'll have them surrounded.

Quote Originally Posted by milkmood View Post
    I am reluctant to advertise that there are firearms on the premises. I think that just makes you a target for a "professional" career burglar to put more stolen weapons in the hands of baddies.

I think it's better that they not know they're about to die.
    Stealth is good. I have a US flag sticker and an NRA sticker on the front door side windows. That ought to be a good enough warning. The bright light in their eyes and the red dot on their chest will be the last warning prior to the loud bangs...

Peace... (for all those who don't try and enter my home without permission)
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Shooting someone that crosses a purple line is murder.
    -Austin

8. thought it was great

I'd have one of those signs, but Iowa does not have castle doctrine.......

10. Looks to me that if you live in Texas you better have a lawyer on a retainer or in your back pocket. Why does it have to be so confusing?

11. It reallly isn't that confusing in Texas.

Texas makes a distinction between FORCE and DEADLY FORCE
    Texas makes a distinction of preventing damage with persons and property versus "no harm, no foul" offenses.

FORCE includes displaying a firearm to create an apprehension it will be used.
    DEADLY FORCE is when the bang switch is pulled on that firearm.

You can use FORCE (Section 9.41) to terminate a tespass (Section 30.05) or prevent escape from criminal mischief and arson, etc.

You can use DEADLY FORCE (Section 9.42) to protect people and property.
    (Including escaping with property/robbery, or PREVENTING property damage by arson or criminal mischief at night ...kidnapping or about to harm people etc, but after property is already damaged in arson/criminal mischief and the guy tries to escape, you are no longer protecting property, so in those situations only use FORCE to prevent escape .... however, if he is STEALING your garden hose so you can't put out the fire, you can use DEADLY force to prevent his escape with the property IF
    (3) he reasonably believes that:
    (A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or
    (B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.)

I'm no lawyer, but it would be good to know a couple before talking to police.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast