Trespassing sign for a new generation - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Trespassing sign for a new generation

JSDinTexas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Shooting someone that crosses a purple line is murder.
    Well, yes and no. In Texas a purple strip painted on fence posts, trees, etc and of a certain length and width, is recognized as a no tresspassing sign, just as if the sign were there.
    However, brandishing a gun, even on your own property, can be result in many charges such as terrorist threat, endangerment, and so on.
    Bottom line - gun is deadly force, and the laws are specific as has been recorded in this thread.

3. Galveston Daily News

Friendswood: Man arrested for pulling gun on trespassers
    Man charged with pulling gun on pilot's relatives

Quote Originally Posted by milkmood View Post
    I am reluctant to advertise that there are firearms on the premises. I think that just makes you a target for a "professional" career burglar to put more stolen weapons in the hands of baddies.

I think it's better that they not know they're about to die.
    I agree with you.Thats what I was thinking also! Why advertise you have weapons! They can case your home. Learn who lives there,watch & see what your habits are! Break in while they believe no ones home!
    While I liked all the signs, I wouldn't want one put on my house or properity! Niether would I want one of thoses signs on my car! What if by some chance I have to lock my weapon in my car! I will seldom go in a place where I can't carry but,,Drs Office,Hospitals Post Offices are afew! I chance for some one to try for it then,,
    But thats just my way of looking at it,,,

Quote Originally Posted by rugerfan.64 View Post
    Thats the only way they would know. I fear for the future of this nation because of this younger generation.
    Every generation has said the same thing. Even the elders of the GI's that fought WWII, and they were as tough as it gets. The kids we have no are not short on brains or guts. Have met a young Marine lately?

Milkwood's comments echo the reasons I'd never post anything like these messages in front of my house.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Quote Originally Posted by hollie1 View Post
    I agree with you.Thats what I was thinking also! Why advertise you have weapons! They can case your home. Learn who lives there,watch & see what your habits are! Break in while they believe no ones home!
    While I liked all the signs, I wouldn't want one put on my house or properity! Niether would I want one of thoses signs on my car! What if by some chance I have to lock my weapon in my car! I will seldom go in a place where I can't carry but,,Drs Office,Hospitals Post Offices are afew! I chance for some one to try for it then,,
    But thats just my way of looking at it,,,
    I too cannot agree more. We do not divulge our home security or alarms systems either. Too easy to cut your Telephone line in advance.

8. Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    Every generation has said the same thing. Even the elders of the GI's that fought WWII, and they were as tough as it gets. The kids we have no are not short on brains or guts. Have met a young Marine lately?
    100% true !!!

9. I've always been amused by the "my neighbor doesn't like guns so I won't use mine to help him" signs.

I can't help wondering whether, if something really bad happened to the neighbor, there might be some way he could sue the sign owner for "encouraging" the crime. Anything is possible in the Liberal City.

Seriously speaking, though I chuckle at the "found here at night will be found here in the morning" type of sign, I would not put up anything that even remotely suggests I might want to shoot someone.

The only sign on my door is the Second Amendment Foundation sticker that says the "owner is armed and willing to protect life & property. Nothing in here is worth your life."

We live in a litigious society. We can all sit around and BS about what we might do if there are no witnesses, but any serious legal advisor would tell us to go easy on the inflammatory signs.

I have a buddy who cultivates and values his reputation as an irrascible old redneck. Everyone knows he carries (a SIG P220), and tends to greet "oh dark thirty" visitors to his out of the way place with a riot gun. I've tried to talk him into using a backhoe to dig a few graves, then put up a sign, "all thieves will end up here." Let word get around the rumor mill for a couple of months, then fill in one grave and don't say a thing...
    “The police of a State should never be stronger or better armed than the citizenry. An armed citizenry, willing to fight is the foundation of civil freedom.” Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by milkmood View Post
    I am reluctant to advertise that there are firearms on the premises. I think that just makes you a target for a "professional" career burglar to put more stolen weapons in the hands of baddies.

I think it's better that they not know they're about to die.
    +1, milkmood. IMO, the element of surprise is a supreme advantage.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    +1, milkmood. IMO, the element of surprise is a supreme advantage.
    +1, That's why NONE of my guns will have to make snicks, clicks, or clacks

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345