Third Party Protection? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Third Party Protection?

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    People can create all of the emotional tear jerking scenarios their imagination can dream up

o.k. so explain to me how your dreaming up some off the wall scenario to justify not getting involved is any different because that is all it is.

even take Bible verses out of context to justify "THEIR PERSONAL CHOICE" to defend a third party

Now why is the scripture so out of context. I find that quite often someone will claim a scripture is out of context if it is a scripture they want to ignore. Kind of pick the ones they want to believe.

One thing we do agree on is that it is my personal choice. I will never walk away from the slaughter of the innocent.
    I didn't create any scenario in particular describing any given situation. The scenarios were put in place by those replying. The scripture you mention has nothing to do with defending the life of any individual, not even Able. God asked Cain where his brother Able was, Cain replied.."I don't know,Am I my brother's keeper"? I DON"T KNOW IN GREEK MEANS, I DON"T KNOW, period. That's why it is out of context and should be ignored in this discussion. Try the 20/20 rule in the future..Read 20 verses before & 20 verses after, it may help you in picking the ones you want to believe. Slaughter of the innocent is a little mellow dramatic, and never walk away is a pretty bold statement and tells me that you have a lot of hard lessons to learn. Good luck however it goes.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I didn't create any scenario in particular describing any given situation. The scenarios were put in place by those replying. The scripture you mention has nothing to do with defending the life of any individual, not even Able. God asked Cain where his brother Able was, Cain replied.."I don't know,Am I my brother's keeper"? I DON"T KNOW IN GREEK MEANS, I DON"T KNOW, period. That's why it is out of context and should be ignored in this discussion. Try the 20/20 rule in the future..Read 20 verses before & 20 verses after, it may help you in picking the ones you want to believe. Slaughter of the innocent is a little mellow dramatic, and never walk away is a pretty bold statement and tells me that you have a lot of hard lessons to learn. Good luck however it goes.
    Oh I think I can say never with confidence. Slaughter of the innocence is not mellow dramatic at all spend a little time as a LEO and you will know. I have spent enough time in law enforcement and I have seen what an evil person can and often does to innocent people. I have seen things that turn your stomach. I did not spend time in law enforcement and in later years getting my CHL and additional training to ignore someone that needs help. I think I know my heart pretty well and my heart tells me that would be a very selfish cold blooded response.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I appreciate that it's your decision. No problem. Just curious to see where the line really is, tho: You've stated you intend to defend yourself, your wife, your kids and no others. How about neices and nephews? How about your very close friend's kids? How about your close friend? What about your neighbor's kid who's always playing in your backyard with your kids? How would you explain to your kids that yeah, you could've helped little Janie when she was being cut up and raped but you chose not to? (yeah, I know, emotional tear-jerker...)

I'm not being a smart-ass, here. But, my point is that if you expand your circle to include extended family and close friends, then where's the line? Whether you know them or not? Whether you like them or not?

I really do agree with your basic premise - that it is every individual's responsibility to provide for their own protection, and I have argued that point many times to the extent that I believe we should have a minimal police force, since they provide no real protection and usually only serve as "mop up". Everybody takes care of business when necessary, and we'll eventually have a nice, polite society, with minimal LE presence.

But, even believing that, as I do, I don't think I could coldly just walk away, singing "What will be, will be..."
    I know you're not trying to be a smart-ass, but give me a break. Nieces, nephews, neighbor's kid playing in my back yard with my kids? Where do I draw the line? A STRANGER in a public place, a NEIGHBOR in his house or his backyard, not my property, not my home,not my family, not my friends. Get real, this is beginning to get asinine. I stated why I would not defend a third party, I stated who I would defend. I didn't ask to be interrogated for my choice, but rather what would be your choice,and why or why not. I don't want to question someones choice or judge them for their choice, just share why or why not. I didn't start this thread to knock or criticize someone else's choice, or tell someone where I feel they're right or wrong for their choice, but simply tell if you would or wouldn't, why or why not. No-one was asked to justify their choice. I'm going to back out of this thread, kind of sorry I started it. I don't want to make enemies, I apologize if I have.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Hey Ringo: Knew you were a good guy--really felt that your words did not really get across your real intent. This forum is followed by a lot of nice members but the engilsh language sometimes gets in the way of what we really mean or want to say. My mouth is beginning to look like my shoe.

I don't want to make enemies, I apologize if I have.

No enemies. This is just one of those cases where we will have to agree to disagree.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I know you're not trying to be a smart-ass, but give me a break. Nieces, nephews, neighbor's kid playing in my back yard with my kids? Where do I draw the line? A STRANGER in a public place, a NEIGHBOR in his house or his backyard, not my property, not my home,not my family, not my friends. Get real, this is beginning to get asinine. I stated why I would not defend a third party, I stated who I would defend. I didn't ask to be interrogated for my choice, but rather what would be your choice,and why or why not. I don't want to question someones choice or judge them for their choice, just share why or why not. I didn't start this thread to knock or criticize someone else's choice, or tell someone where I feel they're right or wrong for their choice, but simply tell if you would or wouldn't, why or why not. No-one was asked to justify their choice. I'm going to back out of this thread, kind of sorry I started it. I don't want to make enemies, I apologize if I have.
    I actually think you're reasoning is sound. If you intervene you risk plunging your family into poverty and possibly separating your children from their daddy for a long time to come, depending upon the outcome of a trial (if there is one). Your first duty is to your wife and kids - to be there and provide for them. As you said the sheeple have to take some responsibility for their own protection. That being said, in the heat of the moment you may still surprise yourself and come to the rescue. IMHO

Hey, Ringo

I've not seen anyone posting who sounded like they were trying to make enemies; I certainly wasn't. Relax, man. It's all good.

id take action. id rather spend time in jail knowing i did the right thing as to waking up every day knowing i had a chance to change the out come of a crime and didnt do so. especially if someone was murdered. grand jury's wouldnt send someone away to the pokey for saving an innocent persons life, even if you take the life of a repeat offender if needed, or at least i wouldnt put money on them doing so. and if they did, then that would tell you what kind of town you live in wouldnt it? in my eyes, id rather bear the blood of a criminal on my hands than to feel responsible for the death of an innocent person. but thats just me.
    "You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

Thanks for the slack, I'll try to improve my communicating skills.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    grand jury's wouldnt send someone away to the pokey for saving an innocent persons life, even if you take the life of a repeat offender if needed, or at least i wouldnt put money on them doing so. and if they did, then that would tell you what kind of town you live in wouldnt it? in my eyes, id rather bear the blood of a criminal on my hands than to feel responsible for the death of an innocent person. but thats just me.
    You may not go to jail as the standard is "Beyond a reasonable doubt" - But that Might not save you from being successfully sued, where the standard is "Preponderance of the evidence"..

So you may be free - but poor..
    I posted my thoughts earlier about how to try to avoid the being sued part (at least in Florida)

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast