Third Party Protection? - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Third Party Protection?

1. Arizona Revised Statutes Title 13 Chapter 4 JUSTIFICATION

13-406. Justification; defense of a third person

A person is justified in threatening or using physical force or deadly physical force against another to protect a third person if:

1. Under the circumstances as a reasonable person would believe them to be, such person would be justified under section 13-404 or 13-405 in threatening or using physical force or deadly physical force to protect himself against the unlawful physical force or deadly physical force a reasonable person would believe is threatening the third person he seeks to protect; and

2. A reasonable person would believe that such person's intervention is immediately necessary to protect the third person.

I am not an attorney. But read the AZDPS ARS Law
    Last edited by RRGlock23; 02-23-2010 at 12:07 AM. Reason: revised edit
    NRA Life Member

just last week at my local walmart a man pulled a knife on a man at the service desk over a road rage incident, and a permit holder drew his weapon and made the man think before he acted. the perp went to jail and the permit holder was praised for potentianally saving the other mans life. im not cop, but you dont have to be a cop to do the right thing. ill be damned if i sit back and let someone be victimized of a violent crime.
    "You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

Dude what Walmart was that and where, sounds familur

the one they just built in maryville, tn.
    "You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    the one they just built in maryville, tn.
    I'l be, I work next to the airport on Alcoa Hwy, we heard about that right after it happened a girl that works there is marryed to one of our parts guys

A lot of good inputs and comments. For me, as with most, it would depend on the circumstance. If I pulled up to a bank and saw a BG walking out, gun in hand and get into his car. Would I intervene......NO, call 911 and pass ID info to LEO. BUT same scenario except BG fleeing the bank starts shooting into the bank as he's going out the door. Then I would protect strangers and myself and draw. If possible, I would offer him the option to put his weapon down IF POSSIBLE.

Anyway you look at it, IMHO, is that it will be a life changing event for both you and the BG. If you're going to use lethal force, make sure it's lethal. Most CCP do not have the training on take down procedures. Sooner you should be the one talking after the event. If it's a clean shoot you should have few problems.

TWO ROUND BURSTS-ALWAYS

Hey mappow: Your second what if sounds correct IF you have the right firearm and IF you are trained well enough to use it effectively. You had better be darned sure of your abilities under pressure and the caliber of weapon you are bringing to the scene. Saying this on a post and delivering at the scene are two very different scenarios. I, like many others, CC a mousegun and even though I can target shoot well enough with firearm, I do not consider myself in the league with many posters, who I perceive as being fairly expert. My 380 is made strictly for close defensive purposes and unless MY life is in immediate danger I would not even think of bringing it to the fight against, most likely, a much larger caliber firearm and a potential expert sharpshooting perp.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    As I have said before I am glad I live in Texas where the law is a lot more favorable to the victim than the criminal. Even before I was a Christian I do not think I would have stood by and watched an innocent person being murdered. After becoming a Christian I know for sure I can't.

John 3:16 (King James Version)

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

1 John 3:16 (King James Version)

16Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

God so loved me that he sent his Son to die for me. He wants me to love the brethren in the same way. Yes God does say we are our brothers keepers.
    Most people say that they are willing to intervene to help someone who's life is being threatened. You however are saying that you are willing to jump in and lay down your life to protect someone being threatened?
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

kelcarry-
    I CC 1911 MOD1 cocked & locked an shoot in a highly proficient manner. Having had a few years of training, both military and civilian. I take the responcibilty of CC very serious. While not adept to every sitution, don't think most would be, I am confident in my reaction and responce. I cannot speak for anyone else but myself. As posted above, the IF POSSIBLE is dictated by surroundings, others in the area and what is actually is in the line of fire. Will the perp turn his head to me, his shoulders and or his weapon.These are split seconds dicisions with the adrediline pumping.
    Training is the key and repeated training is the best. Go to a outdoor range and before you shoot run a full mile at the fasted speed you can manage then face the target and start squeezing them off. It's not easy. But you make the decision, it's your choice.

11. I am brand new to this website. I found this thread to be very useful. I found myself in the camp of defending my family and close friends only. I live in Utah and we are allowed by law to shoot IF there is a forcible felony about to be committed or being committed. I would probably intervene if there was a deadly weapon involved by the perp, but every situation is different.

Thanks for all of the food for thought. I get my permit in about 50 days. I have been shooting for 20 years and I am an NRA member. Glad I found this site and I hope to interact with many of you!

Rich
    Salt Lake City
    Glock 27
    Springfield XDm
    .22 Remington Rifle

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." Carl Sagan

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast