Third Party Protection? - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Third Party Protection?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I can agree with what you're saying about never having to use your firearm, I think we all feel that way. It's the word"THINK" that is the real truth of the matter. No-one really KNOWS what they will do "until the situation actually arises". And, I think we would all be led by our conscience to do whatever is in our power to help someone. To help someone rolls right off of the tongue as easy as spit, however, because this is a GUN forum it must be said that "whatever is in your power to help someone" ( CCW ) is directly related to KILLING SOMEONE in the process.

My question pertaining to 'third party protection" was never intended to mean yelling, throwing rocks, jumping on the BG'S back, etc., shooting & killing to protect a third party is the point in question. If the power to help someone is to draw your weapon to shoot & kill someone else, then we're on the same page. It's a lot easier to say "to help someone" than to say "kill to help someone". What we "think" and what we" know" will be self evident only when the situation actually arises. Personally, I prefer God's wisdom rather than God's strength in such situations.

Every situation is different. For one thing if I see two grown men involved in an altercation then first of all I am going to be sure of what is happening before I consider doing anything. I may be jumping onto the side of the wrong person unless I am there from the beginning. On the other hand If I see a grown man about to beat or in the process of beating a little baby to death then I will have to say that there would be no hesitation on my part when it comes to pulling the trigger. So one size doesn't fit all in a case that involves taking another life.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Every situation is different. For one thing if I see two grown men involved in an altercation then first of all I am going to be sure of what is happening before I consider doing anything. I may be jumping onto the side of the wrong person unless I am there from the beginning. On the other hand If I see a grown man about to beat or in the process of beating a little baby to death then I will have to say that there would be no hesitation on my part when it comes to pulling the trigger. So one size doesn't fit all in a case that involves taking another life.
    I totally agree.
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

I think, could be wrong, but in MS rules of use of deadly force do include in some cases being third party help in certian situations. Such as aiding a LEO in certian cases. Or if you come across a wanted felon or escaped fugitive. Maybe it depends on a state to state basis. I would not stand by and watch another human being be killed if it was in my power to prevent. I should say innocent human being. I also served in the Military and protected non-citizens from criminals/terrorists, and would sure as hell do it for a fellow american. Now the circumstances and other than lethal solutions would be exhausted first. I am not trigger happy. If I owned a stun gun I might be trigger happy!! :)

Mac

5. Oddly enough, this conversation came up at work the other day. Many questions were asked. Many different opinions offered. The general concenus was this -

1) React to the need for help with the weapon holstered.

2) Yell, scream, whatever was needed to let the apparent aggressor know he has been seen.

3) If he turns on you, at that time, then it is a matter of self-defense and the situation should be handled as the situation develops.

As for me, I couldnt stand by and watch someone be killed or raped or something just because of fear of lawsuits or whatever. My reaction would likely be to respond as described above, but definitely armed.

I think until we face the actual moment, no one knows how they will react. In a perfect world, the bg goes to jail, no one dies and all is well - but this world is not perfect.

6. I do not believe that I would intervene in a situation that did not directly involve myself or my family. I served 12 months in combat, When I was overseas, the "law" was on my side. I do not know, but I fear that the "law" would not neccesarily be on my side should I do more than yell or make a 911 phone call here at home. I love Jesus and I would like to think that I would be able to do Gods will here on earth, however I am responsible for raising 3 little girls and they have to be my primary focus.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

kn1080-I truly believe that your training would kick in and you'd react as trained. Can't get around the fact you were trained to kill. True in combat, but instincts are instincts. Lets all pray no one of us will ever have to!

Quote Originally Posted by kn1080 View Post
    . I love Jesus and I would like to think that I would be able to do Gods will here on earth, however I am responsible for raising 3 little girls and they have to be my primary focus.

I firmly believe that it's God's will that your responsibility and primary focus is to raise your 3 little girls. Your fatherly instincts should far outweigh any instincts to kill, regardless of training. Such training, however, will be of great value should you ever be challenged in defense of your 3 little girls. IMO
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

9. Those little girls are indeed the responsibilities that God has tasked me with.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567