If an LEO asks why you carry... - Page 17
Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: If an LEO asks why you carry...

to a LEO - "Because I legally can"
    to all others (including family, car pools etc) - "Who says I'm carrying?" Strictly need to know basis. Just like the song "it's notbody's business but your own"

3. Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    Why do I get the feeling you wouldn't like the story if YOU wrote it yourself?

The only part I can recall I didn't mention was a woman lawyer who approached me in the courtroom hallway and said her firm would like to represent me and sue the cop and the town. My wife talked me out of doing that. The other part is that my ribs hurt for about a year. The END of the story hasn't happened yet. It's called "Justice." The thing about shnitbag cops is, after a while they screw with so many people that in time, when something bad happens to them, the list of possible suspects is way too long to go through and their memory fades. Time wounds all heels.
    What courtroom? Why were you in court?

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    What courtroom? Why were you in court?
    I don't remember exactly, but it was something like;

failure to obey a police officer

resisting arrest

and creating a nuisance

or something like that.

I don't know what was going through his simple mind, but if he'd have let me get two words out he'd have realized I was asking for help. He just kept screaming at me MOVE THAT FU--ING CAR! What did he think I parked in the middle of an intersection to chit chat with his fat arse? I'd bet that "Listening skills" are a requirement on the job application to be a cop. He had none.

My father raised me to respect police. But one look at the slovenly hooligans passing as peace officers in this town and I have to say I can't respect anyone who doesn't respect them self. They need to at least shine their shoes, get a haircut, lose some weight and adjust their attitudes. They're shameful, and NONE of them want to do any real work.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

5. Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    I don't remember exactly, but it was something like;

failure to obey a police officer

resisting arrest

and creating a nuisance

or something like that.

I don't know what was going through his simple mind, but if he'd have let me get two words out he'd have realized I was asking for help. He just kept screaming at me MOVE THAT FU--ING CAR! What did he think I parked in the middle of an intersection to chit chat with his fat arse? I'd bet that "Listening skills" are a requirement on the job application to be a cop. He had none.

My father raised me to respect police. But one look at the slovenly hooligans passing as peace officers in this town and I have to say I can't respect anyone who doesn't respect them self. They need to at least shine their shoes, get a haircut, lose some weight and adjust their attitudes. They're shameful, and NONE of them want to do any real work.
    There is no room in the profession for slobs like that. I agree. In my town, I believe police officers have to have a college degree now. At any rate, most of them do anyway.

I have a lot of respect for police officers. I'll be real upfront about that. My grandfather was one. But I'll admit I've seen my share of worthless ones. But you see that in every profession, and every workplace. But you don't label all plumbers worthless, or auto mechanics, or (fill in the blank) because you've had a bad experience with one of them.

I haVE been told by a former cop that about 25% of cops are lazy idiots. That isn't scientific, but I wouldn't argue with that statistic either , based upon what I've seen and experienced. But that means that 3 out of 4 are gonna be very good. I like those odds!

I have cops in my extended family. They are OK people. I firmly believe all cops and politicians should be held to a higher standard than the rest of us. They should set an example.

I don't base my opinion on one bad experience, but rather on a life time of instances I've experienced first or second hand. When I get in trouble for doing something stupid, I stand up and admit it and take my punishment.

I have known of cops who have shown up at a silent alarm, and ransacked and robbed the house themselves. I have seen cops bust someone for coke, and then turn in enough confiscated pot as evidence to put the perp away for a time, and the coke disappeared. I could go on all night.

I couldn't venture a guess at what % are good or bad. I just know that I have no use for any of them. Never have, never will. The farther away from me they stay the safer I feel.

Mind you that since that incident, I haven't even had as much as a parking ticket, and that was about 18 years ago. So, it's not like I'm a criminal type.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    Mind you that since that incident, I haven't even had as much as a parking ticket, and that was about 18 years ago. So, it's not like I'm a criminal type.
    I guess that makes you a WiseOwl too.

I have been reading up about your foibles with the grate state of Mass., good luck to you and keep up the pressure. We need more people in idiot states like Mass, NY, and Cali to turn the heat up.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    Folder = Knife?

My nephew called me last night. His family participates in reinactments for the park service here in SC. He was hiking up a trail to spend the night about a mile away from the crowd to sleep on what was the location of a revolutionary war tent-hospital, just to challenge his fear (he's 16). He had no food, no knife, no weapon of any kind, but he had his cellphone. Guess he could call and report that he was being attacked.

I told him to hunt around for a nice club and a smaller sharp stick. He didn't have anything to fear from nature, but I advised him to always be wary of mankind (not paranoid, but street smart).
    Sorry I missed this. Yes a folder is a knife, go from $6.00 to $500.00! Can mostly be opened with one hand.

As a retired LEO from the largest Department in the country I can give you a guess on the number of bad cops on any department. Just like the rest of the population 10% are saints who would never even consider doing anything wrong and they are balanced out by the 10% sinners who will take every advantage and the rest are just trying to do the job and get thru to the place I am at.

Quote Originally Posted by Corby View Post
    ...10% are saints ... balanced out by the 10% sinners... rest are just trying to do the job...
    Roger that. And a similar corollary would apply to web forum members at sites like this. For example, the very small, vocal, paranoid minority who believe the police are always wrong, up to no good, incompetent, yada yada. They are the maybe 5% who get laughed at or ignored for their crackpot views in the reality of polite society outside the protective veil of their computers.

The other 90% actually appreciate the hard work and thankless job the police do for relatively little pay considering the risk and hassle involved, day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Corby View Post
    As a retired LEO from the largest Department in the country I can give you a guess on the number of bad cops on any department. Just like the rest of the population 10% are saints who would never even consider doing anything wrong and they are balanced out by the 10% sinners who will take every advantage and the rest are just trying to do the job and get thru to the place I am at.
    This post is the most realistic view of a Police Dept. I have seen.

Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast