If an LEO asks why you carry... - Page 2
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: If an LEO asks why you carry...

Because I can...
    If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.
    Ted Nugent

I have ben asked, first by one of my CCW instructors, who is a county Sherriff Deputy and a very long time one at that, and I told him exactly why I wanted my permit, first to be legal, and I said most of the normal responces, but what pushed me over the edge was this, I told him the next time some SOB tryed to run us over or force us off the road ( my wife and I ride motorcycles) intentionaly, I know when some ******* is on the phone and not paying attention, I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about when a dude in a car or pickup or whatever, on purpose try to hit us or force us off the road, if I can get to it I was going to fill that "motorist" full of holes, he said thats ok just be sure you have witnesses

You go dude. I carry sometimes myself not because i think i'm a bad ass no because I'm scared, I've seen too many things happen in my short life on the planet and i don't want to be just another number on a piece of paper in so drawer in an office in a basement in a city that is crime written city. I surpport the right to bears arms hold heartly. I have lived all over this state of California and in almost every major city except southern California and let me tell you times have changed so yes i say to carring and yes I say to the right to bear arms it's better to be safe than to be dead!

When I try to explain it, they still dont understand. People have differing opinions on personal protection or whatever, but that doesnt make one person right and the other wrong.

I do not see where it is anyone's business WHY I CC , whether it be relative or LEO (I assume interraction with LEO is in a non-police activity), and just do not answer the question. All I will get for an answer is another question or some other idiot response and I choose not to get into it. It is certainly the same way these days with the "do you support the loose lug nut in the whitehouse or not?" question.

Exclamation Because I can't carry a cop!

Because due to budget woes within the frame work of local govt. The 911 response time to all area covered exceeds 30 seconds. When that is fixed I will consider not carrying. Until then...see ya at the range!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I carry a weapon because it weighs less and is cheaper than most police officers.

I was asked by a civilian if I believed the criminal had any rights.. I said "Yes they have rights", "when and if the police arrest them".

Not to bad mouth LEOs as I know many. They are not able to be in all places at all times. They all will readily admit that.
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

LEO: "Why do you carry?"

ME: "Because you do."

Much respect for Ms Hupp. What she says at the end.....yeah she gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    LEO: "Why do you carry?"

ME: "Because you do."
    Some years ago (before NC was a "shall issue" state) a State Trooper stopped me in the little crossroads village where I live for a seatbelt violation. It was a warm summer day and i had the T-tops off of my MR2.

He noticed the 4 cell MagLight laying on the passenger seat.

TROOPER: That's the same kind of flashlight we carry. Why are you carrying something like that?

ME: For the same reason you do.

TROOPER: Well, we consider it a backup weapon.

ME: Like I said, ...for the same reason you do.

bill

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast