If an LEO asks why you carry... - Page 21
Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 328

Thread: If an LEO asks why you carry...

  1. #201
    JSDinTexas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    You have to be extremely paranoid to understand the mechanics of this thought process Kel. It's like when you believe the Mexican drug cartels are about to overrun Texas and every social encounter you can possibly imagine has the potential to escalate to deadly force.

    The weapon has a mind of it's own and talks you in sweet, soothing tones, reassuring you that no matter what it comes to, you can always pull that trigger and end it all....
    Just a point here; the mexican drug cartels overran Texas about 40 years ago - it takes the feds a while to catch up.

  2.   
  3. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by jsdinTexas View Post
    Just a point here; the Mexican drug cartels overran Texas about 40 years ago - it takes the feds a while to catch up.
    The part of the drug problem! I fail to understand, is why we have one? Who in the first place would want to pay a criminal, good money, to purchase an illegal substance, a poison, to sniff or inject, smoke, into their lungs, to make them feel good? At a time of their lives when nature has made you fit naturally, 15/16/17 or when ever.

    What we have to do is start at the front, stop the start, at least make inroads into this massive scourge. Make it a huge priority, over ride all other crimes. If we do not, the country will go down the toilet.

    The question, what to say to a LEO who asks why you carry? I know lots of them, no one has ever asked me that question, and I do not expect them too.

  4. #203
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Greenville SC
    Posts
    1,086
    Blog Entries
    1
    Police officers almost always don't arrive until after they're needed. Which is generally too late.
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

  5. #204
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina/Charleston
    Posts
    2,388
    Hey kerb: When you get right down to it isn't that why we all CC or are on this forum? No one except you or your family will protect you from death or serious injury against greater force or forceable house entry than you can counter--hence the CC firearm. The police INVESTIGATE, they do not PROTECT. Only the ***** in our legislatures, who have day/night protection ala secret service like the crap in Washington can rest easy and adhere to the old adage "do as I say not as I do". Hypocrites--every damn one of them. At least in SC, perps better be ready to suffer the consequences of their actions, particularly around someone else's house.

  6. #205
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by NcPermit View Post
    I have carried for years and have had many occasion to converse with LEO. I can't remember a single time when I was asked why I carry. On the other hand, my wife's family is somewhat appalled by the idea, all except for her father's step dad who is the retired high Sheriff in their county.

    No-one in her family has asked why I choose to carry. However, her sister's husband said he wanted my guns taken away because "you don't need them." If they did ask I think I would problem say, "it's a freedom thing, you wouldn't understand it."

    I thank God that my wife is cool with it, and we are working toward her being comfortable carrying as well.

    You can also tell folks who ask, "Because hope is not a strategy!"

    Troy Perry
    The Contingency Group
    Love the replies!
    Whenever there is doubt, There is no doubt.

  7. #206
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lowcountry, SC
    Posts
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    The part of the drug problem! I fail to understand, is why we have one? Who in the first place would want to pay a criminal, good money, to purchase an illegal substance, a poison, to sniff or inject, smoke, into their lungs, to make them feel good? At a time of their lives when nature has made you fit naturally, 15/16/17 or when ever.

    What we have to do is start at the front, stop the start, at least make inroads into this massive scourge. Make it a huge priority, over ride all other crimes. If we do not, the country will go down the toilet.

    The question, what to say to a LEO who asks why you carry? I know lots of them, no one has ever asked me that question, and I do not expect them too.
    Must have never done drugs! Ever enjoyed alcohol? Coffee? Seriously, people do drugs because they enjoy them. For harder drugs, there is addiction. But even then, the feelings or relief from withdrawal they bring to the user are the reasons people will not only pay money to thugs, but women will sell their bodies and men will rob their parents to fund them.

    Of course there aren't many absolutes here. But in general weed does not cause people to rob or kill like meth. But people will still take a chance on a criminal to enable them to participate in this criminal activity. It is the exact same thing as when kids ask a guy to buy them a bottle at a liquor store. Both the bottle buyer (pusher) and the kids (users) are participating in criminal activity. So the comparative leap to "drugs" is not so far.

    As with anything that people REALLY love to do, education and treatment is far, far, far more effective than prosecution if you want to reduce the consequences of use. Notice I said reduce the consequences. You may not reduce the use of the substance, but you can certainly reduce the consequences. A good example is drunk driving. There was a time in the US when "I was drunk" was a defense for a deadly accident. Now we have laws that actually reduce driving after people drink. Culture, education, treatment are far more effective than any "war on drugs" will ever be.

  8. #207
    Like my Coffee, go out for supper, a glass of red wine, never smoked, so no pot.

    Not a goody two shoes, but hard drugs are a shocking scourge. People who snort coke, inject drugs, drown them.

    Extreme? Sorry, thats my belief, carry my Glock 19 every day, good with it too, threaten me or mine? Mistake.

  9. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    Culture, education, treatment are far more effective than any "war on drugs" will ever be.
    Yeah, and they don't have to gut the forth and fifth amendments in the process either.

  10. #209
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Higgins Lake, Michigan
    Posts
    20
    I have been asked by a few people, no leo. My response is "because I can". They usually don't ask any more questions. If they do it's usually about how they can get thier cpl, cost and how long it takes.

  11. #210
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lowcountry, SC
    Posts
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    Like my Coffee, go out for supper, a glass of red wine, never smoked, so no pot.

    Not a goody two shoes, but hard drugs are a shocking scourge. People who snort coke, inject drugs, drown them.

    Extreme? Sorry, thats my belief, carry my Glock 19 every day, good with it too, threaten me or mine? Mistake.
    You obviously have no real firsthand knowledge of drug culture. I grew up in the 60s and 70s...in California, where children had their own pot plants and drugs were as common as hamburgers.

    Education is why I don't do drugs, not the fear of jackbooted thugs pounding my door down in the middle of the night. Opportunity may be why some of my employees don't use drugs, because they want to keep their good jobs and we test randomly and regularly. Neither of us would hesitate to smoke a joint out of fear of the totally ineffective war on drugs enforcers. It's a complete failure, and stepping up penalties will only further the violence, because the value to the gangster/pusher will go up every time. I have the highest respect for law enforcement, but this is a battle being fought with the wrong tools. Tools of violence will not work. They have drugs in IRAN and CHINA, where you are executed if caught. This war on drugs does MUCH more harm than good. Education is the key to helping the most people, and while helping the most people, reducing infringement on personal rights and freedoms.

    Regarding your statement about drowning users, how about "People who speed, drown them." Sounds silly doesn't it? It IS silly...even asinine. But speeding is illegal, and more importantly kills OTHER people FAR more often than "people who snort coke".

    Maybe you are just trolling, or maybe you believe what you are saying. My response will hopefully encourage more thought, because what you say is neither a solution nor defensible in any way.

    FEW THINGS FAIL SO REGULARLY AS THE "WAR ON DRUGS".

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Open Carry Argument
    By Mainsail in forum Open Carry Discussion
    Replies: 611
    Last Post: 05-23-2017, 05:42 PM
  2. 10 Commandments of Concealed Carry
    By HK4U in forum Concealed Carry Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-21-2011, 10:51 AM
  3. Why I Carry a Gun
    By HK4U in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 07:41 AM
  4. Why I Carry A Gun, and You Should Too
    By Tea For One in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 04:06 PM
  5. H 3003 In House Judiciary Committee
    By Red Hat in forum South Carolina Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-30-2009, 04:43 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast