If an LEO asks why you carry... - Page 28
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: If an LEO asks why you carry...

1. I wouldn't allow a LEO to imtimidate you. "It's my right to protect my self and my family" and leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by ummechengr View Post
    My response:

"When all you have are seconds, the police are just minutes away."
    There you go.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

A nice old lady gave me advice once about that,she just said to say on thing...it`s legal.

My permit states self defense, so I dont have to justify to anyone.

If I see a cop and a bad guy fighting and jump in the middle, they are BOTH going to assume I am with the other guy.

The cop may feel there is one more bag guy to deal with now. Any attention or effort he puts into me is that much less he can give to the bad guy.

The bad guy will see me coming and figure he better act fast. His adrenaline will pump even more and he will have to dispatch the threat he has in order to deal with the new threat. In this case I helped kill the cop.

7. Quote Originally Posted by winnre View Post
    If I see a cop and a bad guy fighting and jump in the middle, they are BOTH going to assume I am with the other guy.

The cop may feel there is one more bag guy to deal with now. Any attention or effort he puts into me is that much less he can give to the bad guy.

The bad guy will see me coming and figure he better act fast. His adrenaline will pump even more and he will have to dispatch the threat he has in order to deal with the new threat. In this case I helped kill the cop.
    Wrong thread. I believe you were probably thinking of this one over here: http://www.usacarry.com/forums/gener...r-trouble.html

1) Because I can.
    2) I'm too old and fat to run away or go mano-a-mano.
    3) When seconds count the police are just minutes away.
    Better to perish in the struggle for freedom than live to see defeat. There ARE things to be feared more than death. The fyrd is a Constitutional imperative.

9. Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    I'd ask him/her why they carry? After all the donut shop's safe, right?
    Excellent post brother! I say the same thing.

And then when they look at me funny or give me that blet spill" I always ask maybe we should go to the range some time and see who's who"

9 out of 10 times they show up. so they have confidence well, they have confidence until the contest is over. hehe

I hope it never get to that point wherein I will be asked why I carry...but in case I will, I can just say...because I have a permit to do so??? ayayayayayyyyy!!!
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Not sure why this thread keeps going--I do not think there is anything that has been "left on the table" except for the jokes and wisecracks. IMO if an LEO asks during the conduct of his duties, he is doing so because he has a reason (kindly leave out anti-LEO comments and more "wise answers") and, in many if not all states, a CC has a requirement to show his CCWP and, by simple common sense, a requirement to conduct himself or herself in a courteous and informed manner. He deserves respect (you want to disagree with me fine--that is my opinion) and part of that respect is to give him a courteous and informed answer without all these wise-a--, comments.

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast