If an LEO asks why you carry... - Page 29
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 328

Thread: If an LEO asks why you carry...

  1. #281
    My standard answer to anyone is simple. We live in a dangerous world. I carry my weapon as insurance that I will be able to protect myself and my wife should a threat occur. I have a lot of respect for the police and the job they do, but there are so few officers they can not be everywhere. I know that I can protect myself if there is no LEO around. If there is a a LEO I will gladly let them take care of the threat.

  2.   
  3. #282
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Houston Metro Area, Texas
    Posts
    3,004
    Might have already posted this, but 45 is lighter than a police officer, and no disrespect, but why does a police officer carry?

  4. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Might have already posted this, but 45 is lighter than a police officer, and no disrespect, but why does a police officer carry?
    A police officer carries to protect himself .... just like we do!
    And I am with you ... I carry a 45 since a LEO is way too heavy to carry!
    NRA Life Member, NH CC, Gun Owners of America, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, Second Amendment Foundation
    "Remember, incoming fire has the Right of Way"

  5. #284
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    993
    After Friday's Indiana Supreme Court decision stating that I have no right to resist illegal police action, if a police officer in public asked me why I was carrying, I would run. I would run like a black man getting pulled over for Driving While Black. There is absolutely no reason for me to ever interact with someone who thinks they can do to me whatever they want and it's illegal for me to resist them.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

  6. #285
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    St. Louis County, MO
    Posts
    3,445
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    After Friday's Indiana Supreme Court decision stating that I have no right to resist illegal police action, if a police officer in public asked me why I was carrying, I would run. I would run like a black man getting pulled over for Driving While Black. There is absolutely no reason for me to ever interact with someone who thinks they can do to me whatever they want and it's illegal for me to resist them.
    Hmmm...if you run, you're going to be shot. I guarantee you that. I do not know what happened to you, why you were in court and why the Supreme Court ruled against you, you are defeating your own statement in your signature. If I am in your position and was asked by a police officer in public why I am carrying, I would calmly tell him the many reasons why I do. Running will not help your case. And remember, you have a permit to carry. But if you are not within sight of the public when asked, then something has to be wrong and this is either where you retreat or protect yourself. Just my thoughts...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

  7. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Not sure why this thread keeps going--I do not think there is anything that has been "left on the table" except for the jokes and wisecracks... (kindly leave out anti-LEO comments and more "wise answers") He deserves respect (you want to disagree with me fine--that is my opinion) and part of that respect is to give him a courteous and informed answer without all these wise-a--, comments.
    Wisecracks and pro-freedom comments are always welcome on these forums.

  8. #287
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,900
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    and, in many if not all states, a CC has a requirement to show his CCWP
    Just so you know the above is completely erroneous. Nine states require that you inform the Officer you are carrying and one of the nine attaches no criminal penalty to failure to comply.

    Given that you’ve demonstrated repeatedly that you have no clue WTF you’re talking about why should I pay attention to anything you say on this subject?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  9. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Given that you’ve demonstrated repeatedly that you have no clue WTF you’re talking about why should I pay attention to anything you say on this subject?
    Yeah, like the time he said that I was obviously hostile to SC LEO's because I took the time to explain to another poster that Caneguns fall under the definition of AOW under the National Firearms Act. His logic escapes me, but then again he also growled at NavyLT for OC'ing at Applebees.

  10. #289
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Houston Metro Area, Texas
    Posts
    3,004
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    After Friday's Indiana Supreme Court decision stating that I have no right to resist illegal police action, if a police officer in public asked me why I was carrying, I would run. I would run like a black man getting pulled over for Driving While Black. There is absolutely no reason for me to ever interact with someone who thinks they can do to me whatever they want and it's illegal for me to resist them.
    Anyone and I do mean anyone entering my property without permission will be considered there to harm my family or myself, uniform or no uniform anyone kicking my door down will again first have the dogs to contend with followed by a whole lot of gunfire.

  11. #290
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina/Charleston
    Posts
    2,388
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never harm me. You do not like my comments--who the hell cares? Go back to your playpens and play in the sand.

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Open Carry Argument
    By Mainsail in forum Open Carry Discussion
    Replies: 611
    Last Post: 05-23-2017, 04:42 PM
  2. 10 Commandments of Concealed Carry
    By HK4U in forum Concealed Carry Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-21-2011, 09:51 AM
  3. Why I Carry a Gun
    By HK4U in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 06:41 AM
  4. Why I Carry A Gun, and You Should Too
    By Tea For One in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 03:06 PM
  5. H 3003 In House Judiciary Committee
    By Red Hat in forum South Carolina Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-30-2009, 03:43 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast