If an LEO asks why you carry... - Page 31
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: If an LEO asks why you carry...

I'd say: "b/c you won't always be right next to me".
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
    I have never seen this video until today. It brought tears to my eyes to hear her tell the story of her parents getting gunned down by some lunatic. If someone in that business had been a CWP holder OR carrying a weapon for self defense, someone could have stopped him. That also reminds me of the fact that you never know when some idiot will decide to go on a random killing spree and that you must always be prepared, no matter what.

Boy Scout Motto. I am armed 100% of the time.

5. My wife asks me every time I put my gun in my holster "Who are your gonna shoot?" in a playful manner (she has a ccw permit herself) and I reply, "Honey, hopefully nobody, but the last thing anybody who poses a threat on your life or mine will see is a muzzle flash"

I would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Very cheap life insurance.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdanuser View Post
    I would have to tell both folks the LEO and the relative that carrying my firearms with me at all times is a heck of alot easier then carrying a LEO on my back.
    hehe, I wish I'da thought of that!
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Why anyone has this "I have rights attitude" is beyond me. Sure there are some bad LEOs out there but "attitude" only makes it worse at the street level in those circumstances. Try to consider the fact that you have been stopped because of a traffic violation, which you probably committed--you have already demonstrated poor judgement and are not the perfect person to be talking about "rights" (what about the other dirivers who had their "rights" compromised by your violation?). The LEO has no idea who or what you are other than the fact that you have already demonstrated poor judgement at the very least--and now you want him to put up with your "I have rights attitude"--are you kidding me?
    I want him to respect my rights. It's his job to put up with my rights. And if that's to much of a burden then he should find work elsewhere. Asking this question isn't pertinent to the stop, and I would ignore the question. If I consider answering his question it would only be, because he asked in a respectable inquisitive way. This is also how I would handle being asked in public. Frankly it's not anyone's business why I carry, or wear a particular watch, or why I don't wear a wedding ring.
    AHH! Coffee the elixir of life!
    Coffee the elixir of life!

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    After Friday's Indiana Supreme Court decision stating that I have no right to resist illegal police action, if a police officer in public asked me why I was carrying, I would run. I would run like a black man getting pulled over for Driving While Black. There is absolutely no reason for me to ever interact with someone who thinks they can do to me whatever they want and it's illegal for me to resist them.
    That's not what the ruling said. It did say that we no longer have the recognized right under English common law (this was excepted since the 1700s but was never actual law) to forcibly stop an officer from illegaly entering your home. They said this because we now can rely on the courts for redress. It does not make illegal searches, or entry into ones home legal without a warrant. And they took our perceived right to fight off an illegal arrest years ago. And this is in line with most states.
    P.S. There has been a bill introduced that has a lot of support, to give Indiana residents the right to defend their homes from illegal entry by police. I'm not sure if it has passed out of committee yet.
    AHH! Coffee the elixir of life!
    Coffee the elixir of life!

I OC a XD .45, and was asked why I carried and why such a large caliber during an ID check a few months back. When the cop asked why I had a gun i looked him up and down, then said "you seem a bit heavier than my gun". he laughed then asked why the .45? ( he was carrying the issued 9mm) i then said "cause they don't make a .46". he didnt bother running my of my info. he told me to get back in my car and leave lol

A cop once told me "Criminals have Rights. Citizens have Liberties."

11. Oddly enough any LEO encounter I've had (about 5 since I got my CCW which was about 6 weeks ago) I have not gotten the "why do you carry" question. I get a rather enlightened reply of "why did you wait so long" it makes me chuckel often times.

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast