If an LEO asks why you carry... - Page 33
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: If an LEO asks why you carry...

Simple reply would be "why do you" or "for the same reason you do" or " I choose not to be a victim"
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Wow you came back after all this time to check on your thread?
    I've been following this thread via email notification and have purposely refrained from chiming in and it's been fascinating to see all the responses both logical and illogical from all types of people. Really shows the diversity of the forum.

When I initially proposed the question several paranoid members suggested I was anti and that really discouraged me from being involved in the discussion. Hindsight, it has been an interesting collection of thoughts on why we carry and how we respond in kind to those who dont share with our passion to protect our families and ourselves and exercise our rights.

Had an interesting conversation today with a lady. She wanted to buy a pistol, but she did not want one that kicks a lot, unfortunately said I, you need at least an 8 shot pistol, a 9mm, and small, otherwise you will not carry it.

I told her to buy a KelTec PF9, in black chrome, blacreceiverer. I will teach her to shoot her CCWL program, with one of my Glocks, G19/G26, then finish off with a couple of mags from her PF9. It is easier to shoot a Glock, but the PF9 she will carry. It will fit in a holster. Any advice on a holster? Carry load 147g WW Ranger.

Using the Glocks to teach her to shoot, trigger reset, sight picture, multiple hits, easier to handle, than the one she will carry, PF9. Adrenalin will take care of the recoil, in an attack!

5. i answer them both the same...

"becuase its either them or me... and it wont be me"...

Soverign State of Poverty Knob near Tennessee

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    Had an interesting conversation today with a lady. She wanted to buy a pistol, but she did not want one that kicks a lot, unfortunately said I, you need at least an 8 shot pistol, a 9mm, and small, otherwise you will not carry it.

I told her to buy a KelTec PF9, in black chrome, blacreceiverer. I will teach her to shoot her CCWL program, with one of my Glocks, G19/G26, then finish off with a couple of mags from her PF9. It is easier to shoot a Glock, but the PF9 she will carry. It will fit in a holster. Any advice on a holster? Carry load 147g WW Ranger.

Using the Glocks to teach her to shoot, trigger reset, sight picture, multiple hits, easier to handle, than the one she will carry, PF9. Adrenalin will take care of the recoil, in an attack!
    You PLAY like you PRACTICE. Teach her how to shoot HER gun. Let her get comfortable with that one... it's the one she will be using, and the more agressive recoil from the Glock might just turn her off. Don't indoctrinate her one one gun then switch to another and instruct her to practice a lot. Use the same as what she is going to carry so she at least has a chance if she ever needs to use it.
    Let's hear it for Gun Free Zones... Public places where the criminal has a monopoly
    on self defense. - Gary Nelson 2012

Police response time is usually => 3 min.
    9X19mm response time is 1200 fps.
    Better to perish in the struggle for freedom than live to see defeat. There ARE things to be feared more than death. The fyrd is a Constitutional imperative.

Blog Entries
    You sure you didn't mean =>30 min?
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

9. I'd nod towards my six beautiful children and say "There are six reasons right there why I carry." Then I'd smile sweetly and say "God bless your heart, have a nice day now, y'hear?"

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233