If an LEO asks why you carry... - Page 4
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: If an LEO asks why you carry...

They know why you are carrying, same reason they carry off duty to protect themselves and their family from violent criminals. They only folks who will ask questions like that are anti-gun, or maybe your wife who is not happy with you spending money on more, different or better guns.

Quote Originally Posted by usmc guy View Post
    They know why you are carrying, same reason they carry off duty to protect themselves and their family from violent criminals. They only folks who will ask questions like that are anti-gun, or maybe your wife who is not happy with you spending money on more, different or better guns.

Believe it or not, I've actually encountered LEO here in PRHI tell me "Department Policy" when asked why they carry off-duty. I posed the question to them in response to them asking me why I felt the carry laws for PRHI need to be updated. I asked them if they would consider leaving their firearms home if they had the option, and many of them said they would, and a couple of them even went so far to say "Hawaii is a very safe place. We don't have violent crimes like they do on the mainland." Makes me wonder what world they're living in.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Hey Glock Fan: Just because an individual wears a badge, has a firearm, and we call him an LEO does not automatically make him a smart person, when it comes to daily life. Look at all the Harvard graduates that are screwing up this country; they can pass tests and get a degree but haven't a clue about the real world.

5. Quote Originally Posted by fullofdays View Post
    .... What is your response? Do you become specific or general in your defense for concealed carry? Do you state the second amendment verbatim?

What about a family member who is liberal and against firearms? Do you answer a family member in a different manner than a random person such as LEO?? I understand that decision is based on personal conviction, but how do you respond?

I'm asked every week. I tell them,

1. Like a LEO, it is one of the tools of my trade.
    2. The state has no duty to defend me or my family, so the duty rests on my shoulders alone.
    3. I have a moral obligation to defend myself. I have a wife and three kids at home, and one on the way.
    "Defending Those that Defend Themselves."

You never know when you might need to shoot something. Or someone.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey Glock Fan: Just because an individual wears a badge, has a firearm, and we call him an LEO does not automatically make him a smart person, when it comes to daily life. Look at all the Harvard graduates that are screwing up this country; they can pass tests and get a degree but haven't a clue about the real world.
    There's one alleged Harvard gradutate that comes to mind Who's credibility is seriously questionable. He may have attended Harvard, but did he really graduate???

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    and a couple of them even went so far to say "Hawaii is a very safe place. We don't have violent crimes like they do on the mainland." Makes me wonder what world they're living in.
    gf
    If that's true, then why do they carry on duty?

Quote Originally Posted by Ga9mm View Post
    If that's true, then why do they carry on duty?
    Had me asking them the same thing. Was doing some training for a group of vice officers. During a break, we discussed the CC laws here in PRHI. Though most of the officers were pro-citizen (as in wanting laws changed so citizens would be able to protect themselves), there were a couple who were strongly anti. The few that were anti did a lot of undercover work and talked about how Hawaii is so safe, no violent crime, blah, blah, blah. There is an exception in their "department policy" that allows them to operate unarmed if the situation dictates to maintain their cover, or if deemed necessary by the commanders overseeing the operation. I posed the question to them and asked them point blank if they would work "unarmed" being that Hawaii was such a safe place. All of them said "no way". When asked why, they said "officer safety". Sounds like a huge double standard to me! I even had a couple of the pro citizen officers goosing them for the rest of the day.

gf

10. Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    wtf?
    I carry IWB....and I would inform the LEO that the reason I carry is because my pants are too big...and I cant afford a smaller size...

get it? Otherwise, I would be looking like a fool with my pants on the ground...

1) Because legally I can. 2nd Ammendment.

2) It's better to have one and not need one than to need one and not have one.

3) Generally when a LEO is needed there isn't one for miles....................

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast