If an LEO asks why you carry... - Page 5
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: If an LEO asks why you carry...

1. i agree with firefighter,in todays world you don't know who,when,and where the bad guys are,always stay alert,and watch your back

As a second reply to this question after rereading the thread, I find it somewhat ridiculous that an LEO would even waste his breath in asking you such a question. I can see, idiot neighbors, friends and relatives doing same and I would't even bother answering---they are really not interested-- just being judgemental and critical UNTIL their SHTF.

4. I answer "self defense" as well.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

The only time I have been asked

Has actually been on my CC permit application. My family know I carry and a couple of friends but I keep it to myself usually. A couple of years ago I never dreamed I would but with what I see going on in our culture along with a personal event which took place in our home, I decided it was time. I am a minister by occupation and live in a small town in a very rural area, many miles from the county seat, with response time from a deputy, if one is available being too long. Evil is present in our culture and I don't believe in being a victim. We had a situation where a transient ended up in our living room on a Super Bowel Sunday and wouldn't leave. Too long a story to go into but it was then I decided to carry. If someone were to ask me I will tell them it is for personal protection and then relate my story...if that doesn't convince them...too bad.
    Don't take freedom for granted...you could lose it.

It's my right and responsibility to protect myself, feed myself to include cloth and shelter. It goes without saying I also include my family as well. Anyone trying to threaten those responsibilities with physical life threatening force will be dealt with accordingly. I'm not flippant about humane life. I think life is God given and not to be taken lightly. BUT I put mine and my families above all else.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by fullofdays View Post
    all good responses. I'm catching a lot of flack for having a CWP and exercising my right to carry...

I made the mistake of asking some fellow members of my car club a holster question and got trolled upon for why I live in an area so dangerous that I need to carry, et al....

I told em it doesnt matter how nice the neighborhood, et al. and got into it with a few antis.
    Had the same sort of thing happen with our motorcycle club, got treeted very cooly after that, could a good reason we are not member no more

8. I have been asked by LEO and by average folks why I carry. As with most on here, it depends on who asks. To the LEO I simply tell them that in over 20 years of working as a professional security officer, I have arrested a lot of people for various things and some like to hold a grudge. If I am out and about with my family, I like to know I have the option of defense if I happen to run into one of the grudge holders. To others I simply tell them I carry because it takes a lot of time between calling 911 and the officers to arrive.

The frozen tundra!! Also known as Minnesota
    I'm ex military and now a law enforcement student, and honestly I wish everyone thats legal would carry a gun. It would make the jobs of the police a lot easier In MY opinion!
    MN Permit to Carry Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, PPITH
    NRA Life Member, 3 x Iraq War Vet

10. Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    Had the same sort of thing happen with our motorcycle club, got treeted very cooly after that, could a good reason we are not member no more
    You mean motorcycle clubs aren't all like the Hell's Angels gang?

Because I am legally allowed to. In Massachusetts, LEO's are also required to maintain a valid Class A LTC. So....."Officer, I have the exact same LTC you do. Like you, I also had to be fingerprinted and submit to a background check to get an LTC." I haven't had to say that yet....but that's how I'd likely handle it.

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast