If an LEO asks why you carry... - Page 8
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: If an LEO asks why you carry...

My response:

"When all you have are seconds, the police are just minutes away."

Hey mechengr: I'm not sure what your answer means in the context of this thread. Everyone can agree on your statement about "seconds and minutes"--we just tend to disagree on being a good boy to an LEO who stops you for an infraction or being a bit of a constitutional rights lawyer and, quite frankly, a smartass.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey mechengr: I'm not sure what your answer means in the context of this thread. Everyone can agree on your statement about "seconds and minutes"--we just tend to disagree on being a good boy to an LEO who stops you for an infraction or being a bit of a constitutional rights lawyer and, quite frankly, a smartass.
    Granted, I certainly wouldn't respond in that manner to an LEO. I should have stated that more clearly....that quote would be geared more towards friends and family that ask. I'm always ridiculously respectful when talking with LEOs and would never say anything that could be deemed as having the tone of a "smartass". If the occasion comes, my response would simply be along the lines of ensuring I do everything I can to get home to my family or to get my family home.

hey mechengr: Absolutely correct IMO. The LEO has enough to worry about--just let him do his job and accept your punishment, particularly if you are CC--I do not think he needs to have that to worry about from someone who is not just answering his questions and spouting legal and constitutional rights. There have been some replies that seem to relish the thought of "proper and cordial confrontation"--I do not think that an LEO is interested in that kind of rhetoric--he has better things to do with his time than play constitutional games.

6. My answer is the same for both.

We live in dangerous times and cops can't be everywhere no matter how hard they try. Sometimes you just gotta take care of yourself because there's nobody else around to do it for you. I ain't huntin' trouble and don't want it to come huntin' for me but sometimes you just gotta be ready for the worse case scenario.

As for the family member that's scared of guns, I've dealt with that. I don't carry a gun into their home out of respect for their wishes. What's out in my truck is none of their business because the truck's mine, not theirs. In my home, there are loaded guns. They ain't laying on the coffee table or leaned up in the corner in plain sight but they are still there. If you don't feel comfortable with that fact, then maybe you don't need to come to my house. No, I'm not changing the way I live in my own home to satisfy your phobias. I don't expect you to change the way you live your life in your house for me and I expect you to reciprocate.

trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Just a friendly suggestion, no ill intent here. You might want to refrain from posting things you do that may cause you legal problems in the future. This is an open forum and there are all kinds of people who lurk here.

JMHO, don't want to see any forum member getting into legal hassles.

gf
    second that thought no telling who monitors this site but i have some pretty good guesses NEVER admit to illegal activity even if the "law" you are violating is wrong just friendly advice and it's free
    molon labe

Quote Originally Posted by ummechengr View Post
    My response:

"When all you have are seconds, the police are just minutes away."
    i LOVE this
    molon labe

Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    My answer is the same for both.

We live in dangerous times and cops can't be everywhere no matter how hard they try. Sometimes you just gotta take care of yourself because there's nobody else around to do it for you. I ain't huntin' trouble and don't want it to come huntin' for me but sometimes you just gotta be ready for the worse case scenario.

As for the family member that's scared of guns, I've dealt with that. I don't carry a gun into their home out of respect for their wishes. What's out in my truck is none of their business because the truck's mine, not theirs. In my home, there are loaded guns. They ain't laying on the coffee table or leaned up in the corner in plain sight but they are still there. If you don't feel comfortable with that fact, then maybe you don't need to come to my house. No, I'm not changing the way I live in my own home to satisfy your phobias. I don't expect you to change the way you live your life in your house for me and I expect you to reciprocate.
    well said!!
    molon labe

Absolutely good advice roho. There have been many repliers who come right out and tell this forum that they will kill with no hesitation because of a perceived threat that is far from "imminent danger", at least to me. You never use language like that or you will find it thrown in your face when you are sued by a slime who was shot or the family of a slime who was killed by your questionable actions as reinforced by your actual words on a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Why anyone has this "I have rights attitude" is beyond me. Sure there are some bad LEOs out there but "attitude" only makes it worse at the street level in those circumstances. Try to consider the fact that you have been stopped because of a traffic violation, which you probably committed--you have already demonstrated poor judgement and are not the perfect person to be talking about "rights" (what about the other dirivers who had their "rights" compromised by your violation?). The LEO has no idea who or what you are other than the fact that you have already demonstrated poor judgement at the very least--and now you want him to put up with your "I have rights attitude"--are you kidding me?
    Spot on buddy!!! Good advice. May even save someone a ticket. The opposite attitude will get someone a ticket for sure. Cops don't like wise guys. And if the cop just happens to be a wise guy, you can make a report on him. It will all be on the dash cam that records YOUR statements AND his. Folks ahve to remember, the cop CAN write you a ticket. You can't write the cop one. As Ron White says" that's a good piece of information to have right there."

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast