If an LEO asks why you carry...
Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: If an LEO asks why you carry...

If an LEO asks why you carry...

.... What is your response? Do you become specific or general in your defense for concealed carry? Do you state the second amendment verbatim?

What about a family member who is liberal and against firearms? Do you answer a family member in a different manner than a random person such as LEO?? I understand that decision is based on personal conviction, but how do you respond?

It all depends on the situation. In most cases, I'll talk about self defense of for protection. If the conversation is with family or friends who fall into the "anti" category, I'll use the fire extinguisher analogy. Many people have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen. Do they plan to have a fire? No. So why the fire extinguisher? It's great to have in the event that you need one.

I don't go too much into detail with LEO. Unless they're my buddies and we're kicking back shooting the ******, I usually keep my conversations with LEO to a minimum.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

That is a very Excellent Question. Too my Family I Respond, I Would rather have my Weapon on me and, not need it,Than To Need it and, Not have it. As for LEO'S I tell them Because, I have Decided to not be a victim.I do not go out looking for trouble nor would I ever put myself or, my family in harms way. But if, in the event .I will be able to protect myself and, my family.

5. I would have to tell both folks the LEO and the relative that carrying my firearms with me at all times is a heck of alot easier then carrying a LEO on my back.

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP View Post
    I carry my semiautomatic pistol for "all lawful purposes." No discussion with LEOs on the issue; most of the folk I know either know I carry and are of the same persuasion, and those who are "other than gun friendly" there's no clue -- that I have a gun, and carry it on me.

It's really nobody's business whether I have gun or not. Funny, the Chief Deputy of a county in which I used to reside told me one day while shooting the ****** in his office, "I know you're packing right now." I of course gave no response other than to laugh a bit. Strange that he did nothing -- had no CWP, illegal to carry a weapon in a LE/Jail facility. Guess I'm lucky.

Joe

Just a friendly suggestion, no ill intent here. You might want to refrain from posting things you do that may cause you legal problems in the future. This is an open forum and there are all kinds of people who lurk here.

JMHO, don't want to see any forum member getting into legal hassles.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I'd ask him/her why they carry? After all the donut shop's safe, right?
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

I have carried for years and have had many occasion to converse with LEO. I can't remember a single time when I was asked why I carry. On the other hand, my wife's family is somewhat appalled by the idea, all except for her father's step dad who is the retired high Sheriff in their county.

No-one in her family has asked why I choose to carry. However, her sister's husband said he wanted my guns taken away because "you don't need them." If they did ask I think I would problem say, "it's a freedom thing, you wouldn't understand it."

I thank God that my wife is cool with it, and we are working toward her being comfortable carrying as well.

You can also tell folks who ask, "Because hope is not a strategy!"

Troy Perry
    The Contingency Group

all good responses. I'm catching a lot of flack for having a CWP and exercising my right to carry...

I made the mistake of asking some fellow members of my car club a holster question and got trolled upon for why I live in an area so dangerous that I need to carry, et al....

I told em it doesnt matter how nice the neighborhood, et al. and got into it with a few antis.

Quote Originally Posted by fullofdays View Post
    all good responses. I'm catching a lot of flack for having a CWP and exercising my right to carry...

I made the mistake of asking some fellow members of my car club a holster question and got trolled upon for why I live in an area so dangerous that I need to carry, et al....

I told em it doesnt matter how nice the neighborhood, et al. and got into it with a few antis.
    IF I have their e-mail address, I send them this link..

http:// www. youtube. com /watch?v=K7G6Z7ON1lE
    Spaces added to indicate link

Here is a great example of being in a nice neighborhood, and explaining what the 2nd amendment is really all about!!!

YouTube - Dr. Suzanna Hupp testimony

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Never been asked, though, most likely, my only response would be, "Self defense."

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast