Shoot..Or Don't Shoot, Video Shows A Cop...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shoot..Or Don't Shoot, Video Shows A Cop...

1. Shoot..Or Don't Shoot, Video Shows A Cop...

... confronted by a Armed robber, i don't agree with his hesitation to shoot allowing the BG to possibly shoot first. Notice the cop drawing as the BG begins his entry, so he must of notice something as the BG approach/entering the door.

I would shoot first, and lock-up second, as soon as the BG pointed the gun... probable cause and fear of life has been establish.

I think the cop was more lucky than good. Do you think an opportunity should be given to a target once the target draws/points a gun at you.

YouTube - Robber runs into armed cop

That cop was more restrained than I could ever be.

I would never give any of this kind the slightest chance!

-Doc

The whole thing looks like a fake to me.

The supposed "cop" draws, smiling, before the guy is even in the store and before his weapon would be in his line of sight like it is set up for the video. Then he just does not handle the weapon like a trained LEO and he seems way to nonchalant the entire time.

5. I have to agree it was staged if someone draws on you it's now you or him.

JSDinTexas Guest
    I will make the assumption that most of these robbers are cowards with little gun training - notice the robber ducks and lowers his weapon.
    With that said, I see 3 options: 1. do nothing, stand back and let the robber get the money - danger still exists 2. do what the cop did and he is probably saying "Police, drop the weapon and get on the ground" - possibly eliminating danger 3. Blast him - removing danger.

For the cop, apparently the danger was not sufficient for him to fire immediately??? However, for a civilian, yelling "Police" may create liability and charges of impersonating an officer or some crap like that. So the only reasonable option would be to fire and eliminate the danger to everyone.

The question I might have is is a life worth it? And my answer is: Maybe not, but not worth MY life - so I would probably fire.

I have been seriously thinking about things like this as I am getting my CHL on Saturday.

JSDinTexas Guest
    And let me add that I had not considered the fake side - and the cop does seem too laid back. The cops I know would have had no hesitation to waste him and get a bad guy off the streets, and avoid the liability of wounding him.

8. What is CHL jsdinTexas?

JSDinTexas Guest
    In Texas it's called a Concealed Handgun License - same as a CCW and such

Quote Originally Posted by 2beararms View Post
    The whole thing looks like a fake to me.

The supposed "cop" draws, smiling, before the guy is even in the store and before his weapon would be in his line of sight like it is set up for the video. Then he just does not handle the weapon like a trained LEO and he seems way to nonchalant the entire time.
    How the heck can you tell the cop's smiling? you must have some kind of super hi-res computer monitor or something... If he was smiling, it was probably from flirting with the clerk. ;-) And it appears that something gets the attention of both the cop and the clerk right before the cop draws, maybe she saw the gun and alerted him.. who knows...

As far as the BG not shooting, there was a story in the local paper here last week about how many convicts are getting look-alike airsoft pistols and painting the orange tip to match the gun cuz they can't get real ones... so it's a possibility this BG didn't have the means to fire... anyways, if that was a real situation, the cop did show a lot of restraint. Gun pointed at me, the BG better shoot cuz I sure the h3!! am going to!

Hard to tell, looks like the cop at the counter caught a glimpse of the perp right before he entered. As the cop throws his head to the right so does the the girl behind the counter. Hard to tell if this is all staged or not. BUT it's too late after the perp has you in his sights. Had I been at the counter, saw entry by a perp with a weapon coming up, I'd shoot. Of coarse in two round bursts. PC was established as soon as gun was sighted being drawn.

Way back when their was series of "Shoot, Don't Shoot" training films out there. Will have to search for and review. A bit hooky but maybe there's some updated training formats out there.

1911 MOD 1 45ACP-The only sidearm to out last two World Wars and then some. A Century old next year!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast