Close call on the scoot - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Close call on the scoot

Quote Originally Posted by HardCorps53 View Post
    I think you're warning others, in which case I agree 100%. But I was not bluffing. My hand was on a Sig P238.
    Nice carry!!!

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

I experienced that kind of thing on a regular basis years ago when I lived in So. Cal.when motorcycles (and riders) were very unpopular. I used to ride with my hunting knife strapped on for all to see, and I'm sure the sight of it deterred many a confrontation. I know the feeling, just glad it worked out the way it did for you. Since living in Arizona (bilker heaven) I've never had even a rude gesture when riding, maybe it's because there are so many more of us here. My wife says that I look too mean with all of my tats and that's why no-one bugs me. The Laughlin River Run starts here in 3 days so we're looking forward to a week of great fun & riding. Street Thunder, the sound of 50,000 + motorcycles, music to my ears.

Do I look too mean? Either way, I'm living proof that the Lord does change lives!

Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post

Do I look too mean? Either way, I'm living proof that the Lord does change lives!

You will probably get less crap than most bikers..
    Glad to have you on "our" side..

The Lord does have his ways of getting our attention!!!

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by HardCorps53 View Post
    I think you're warning others, in which case I agree 100%. But I was not bluffing. My hand was on a Sig P238.
    I was speaking to others. I had it right from the start that your move was legitimate.

Quote Originally Posted by SasquatchisReal View Post
    EKTAR: it is cut and dry.... don't you see the difference between ms-13, laraza, hell's angels, mongols, and the patriot guard riders? lol Im pretty sure the patriot guard riders do not attempt to hurt others or attack this country (like laraza with the whole give us back texas stance). i don't know about anyone else but i don't consider the patriot guard riders a gang.
    My point was that such a call - "Gang members are signing their own death warrants" (or words to that effect) - is a slippery slope. YOU may not consider a certain group to be a 'Gang', but it might serve someone else's purposes to do so. The idea was 'Who gets to make that call?' You might not be so happy to find yourself included in someone's definition of "Gang", for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    My Lovely Bride and I had the opportunity last year to attend a Hells Angels party in NYC with a MC group we're friends with. I commented to her that I never felt so safe as in that company!
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32° & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    So you could claim duress if you shot them when more than one jumped you. But what about when it was down to the last one coming at you? Could you shoot them still, since its now one on one and no weapons are visible? Just fuel for thought.

I ride and carry as well. I am glad that you are ok. It is unfortunate that these people arent considered domestic terrorists and fair game with no bag limit.

I also think that being a gang member should be a signed death warrant. I guess there is a reason I am not president.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX B N M

Well there should at least be a season on them. LOL!!

[/QUOTE]

Ringo - nice looking bike!
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

8. Quote Originally Posted by HardCorps53 View Post
    I was out on the Road King this afternoon when a carload of punks pulled up next to me at a stoplight, crowding into my lane. I gave them a quick glance and then ignored them. Once the light changed, the driiver continued to crowd me and then drifted in front of me. I laid on the horn but backed off. I got a couple of middle fingers for the horn.

At the next light, I pulled up behind them but stopped about two car lengths back. Suddenly, a big guy got out of the front passenger side, and a smaller guy got out from the rear drivers side. They started walking towards me. I gave the smaller guy a quick glance and then locked eyes with the big guy. I reached into my vest and put my hand on my gun. The big guy recognized the signifigance of my hand in the vest. His eyes got big and he and he yelled at the other guy to get back in the car, now!!!.

When the light turned green, the driver took off like a bat out of hell. I didn't get a plate number but I was just happy to see them go.
    Glad you were not hurt. My mom rides and to be honest, I don't know what I'd do if some punk ran her off or over. She doesn't carry, unfortunately.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. - Author Unknown ----------- Nos laetus epulor qui would domito nos. - Morticia Addams

Gotta disagree with you.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Glad that worked out for you, but I would caution others not to try it with an empty vest, just to bluff your way free. If they should call that bluff you might be in trouble.
    Well, those guys were ALREADY on their way back to hassle HardCorps53, so I do not understand what he had to lose by SEEMING to have a weapon. Last summer I was accosted by two punks with knives in the park. I was not carrying at the time, but simply reaching for my pistol (lots of draw practice = muscle memory) saved me some heartache, not to mention injury or death. Just SEEING me reach for a non-existent firearm was enough to send the scamps running, and they had already made some big promises about what they intended to do to me (nothing good).

My point is, when there is nothing left to lose, then you do whatever you can to end the threat, be it bluff, run, or scratch and bite. You already know the old saw about there being no such thing as a fair fight.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

having traveled over 300,000 miles on my bikes ovr the years. I Have had a few instances with cages not respecting my space (I did not see you) or otherwise. Have kept loose change in my jacket pocket which does the trick just as well as ball bearings but will not impede other vehicles. (last resort) I always have my little friend G27 in my jacket/vest or on my belt if the need ever arises that it is called for.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    So you could claim duress if you shot them when more than one jumped you. But what about when it was down to the last one coming at you? Could you shoot them still, since its now one on one and no weapons are visible? Just fuel for thought.
    In my state, unless they have a weapon, are significantly younger, you are disabled or physically outclassed, no.

If someone tries to ever run those of you who ride (I'm one of them) off the road, run over you, or even actively threaten to do so, pull your firearm and point it at them. If you shoot or not will depend on your individual circumstance.

You are on a bike, they are in a car. That kind of behavior is lethal force folks.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast