Close call on the scoot - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Close call on the scoot

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    I don't think you look mean...but I sure am glad that your on my "Friends List" and vice versa. Bet your wife feels very safe by your side.

That sure is a beautiful bike!!!
    Thanks Mom. Actually, considering that my wife says that she can beat the snot out of me, I feel safe by her side.
    Funny story..Many moons ago when we married, my now step son must have thought my look was mean, because after we were married a few months he confronted his mother to check on her well being. My wife assured her son that if I were abusive, that I would also have to be very stupid, because I bought her a gun. He never asked again. The bike is one of my greatest pleasures in life.When I ride, all stress and problems of the world disappear, there's only the wind in my face, the sweet rumble of my pipes, and the open road ahead of me. I have yet to see a Harley parked in front of a psychiatrists office. Only the dog who hangs his head out of the car window knows why a biker likes the wind in his face. My wife also rides, her favorite saying is.."you don't stop riding because you get old, you get old because you stop riding". God is good, life is good, amen.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    My wife also rides
    What does she ride??

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    What does she ride??
    She rides an 800 Intruder. She once heard the saying, "there are two kinds of riders, the ones that have fallen, and the ones that are yet to fall". She said she wasn't going to be either of them.

In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by HardCorps53 View Post
    I think you're warning others, in which case I agree 100%. But I was not bluffing. My hand was on a Sig P238.
    I am glad it worked out for you like this! This is just another situation that the gun grabbers will not hear about and since that is the case it will not go to show that a responsible individual can protect himself without "shooting up the neighborhood"! Of course you could have called the police and waited there for help. Wonder how long that would have taken? Maybe they would get there in time to hear your last words.
    On a serious note>>>This is open all for your comments please.
    I think in your situation that you would want this to be over and forgotten. I think most of us would like that to be so. I don't mean forgotten without lessons learned, just glad it was over. What I am getting at is this.
    With all the ambiguity of CC laws do you think you should have taken an extra step to protect yourself from possible problems stemming from this confrontation?
    I do and I would like comments on this. I think that maybe you should have called 911 and reported the incident even though you did not get the plate #. The scenario I am picturing is that the "innocent" gentlemen that got out of their car to see if you were ok and to apologize to you might have been scared by your actions and called the police saying that you threatened them with your gun. That is all they have to say>>>> "Some maniac on a motorcycle threatened us!" The police find you with a gun and now you have to answer their questions and hope it ends there.
    I don't think it's too far fetched.
    I now open up to comments from my friends here to get other insight to this.
    Thanks and again glad it went this well!

She rides an 800 Intruder. She once heard the saying, "there are two kinds of riders, the ones that have fallen, and the ones that are yet to fall". She said she wasn't going to be either of them.

Cool ride for the lady, and she probably makes a great "tailgunner"

I just want to see the picture of you and her on the bike with you riding "*****"

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    I am glad it worked out for you like this! This is just another situation that the gun grabbers will not hear about and since that is the case it will not go to show that a responsible individual can protect himself without "shooting up the neighborhood"! Of course you could have called the police and waited there for help. Wonder how long that would have taken? Maybe they would get there in time to hear your last words.
    On a serious note>>>This is open all for your comments please.
    I think in your situation that you would want this to be over and forgotten. I think most of us would like that to be so. I don't mean forgotten without lessons learned, just glad it was over. What I am getting at is this.
    With all the ambiguity of CC laws do you think you should have taken an extra step to protect yourself from possible problems stemming from this confrontation?
    I do and I would like comments on this. I think that maybe you should have called 911 and reported the incident even though you did not get the plate #. The scenario I am picturing is that the "innocent" gentlemen that got out of their car to see if you were ok and to apologize to you might have been scared by your actions and called the police saying that you threatened them with your gun. That is all they have to say>>>> "Some maniac on a motorcycle threatened us!" The police find you with a gun and now you have to answer their questions and hope it ends there.
    I don't think it's too far fetched.
    I now open up to comments from my friends here to get other insight to this.
    Thanks and again glad it went this well!
    I see what you are saying, Cap, but I think that HardCorp was still one step short of police notification. Had he been forced to draw, then a call to 911 would have been mandatory, IMHO. However, just reaching under a garment is not brandishing, so I don't think that threshold was reached.

Just my .02!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

wolfhunter Guest
    I didn't note a brandished weapon in the OP, so no call to the police.

I used to have a 1400 Intruder. Mine only had two wheels though. I got it when I turned 40 to celebrate my mid life crisis.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I used to have a 1400 Intruder. Mine only had two wheels though. I got it when I turned 40 to celebrate my mid life crisis.
    I had a 1400 intruder also, a truly great cruiser. Shaft drive, fast and smoooth.

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    Cool ride for the lady, and she probably makes a great "tailgunner"

I just want to see the picture of you and her on the bike with you riding "*****"
    I burned that picture ,so sorry.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast