Close call on the scoot - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Close call on the scoot

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    I didn't note a brandished weapon in the OP, so no call to the police.
    I understand but you guys missed my point. I know he didn't brandish.
    Hope I can explain, Even if he was bluffing there is a possibility that the guys that got out of the car might call the police and give a description just to make his life difficult. Since he was not bluffing and though he did not draw his weapon they can say he did. When he got pulled over he would have to explain he didn't even draw and hope the LEO believes him. Just thinking if he made the call first that might give him more credibility then the BG's.
    Hope I expalined it ok. Just the extra step as precaution.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    The bike is one of my greatest pleasures in life.When I ride, all stress and problems of the world disappear, there's only the wind in my face, the sweet rumble of my pipes, and the open road ahead of me. I have yet to see a Harley parked in front of a psychiatrists office. Only the dog who hangs his head out of the car window knows why a biker likes the wind in his face. My wife also rides, her favorite saying is.."you don't stop riding because you get old, you get old because you stop riding". God is good, life is good, amen.
    I have a true story that I think you may enjoy reading, Ringo. About 16 years ago, on the day we buried my mother, my cousin took me for a ride on his bike. It was my first time on a motorcycle, and unfortunately, I haven't had an opportunity to repeat the experience. I know EXACTLY what you mean when you talk about the wind in your face...I don't think I ever felt that carefree before...or since. It was truly exhilarating. I have such a wonderful memory from such a heartwrenching day, and I'm very grateful to my cousin for that gift. After all these years, if I close my eyes in a quiet room and think about that bike ride, I swear I can feel the wind in my face all over again. Guess that's my "happy place".
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    After all these years, if I close my eyes in a quiet room and think about that bike ride, I swear I can feel the wind in my face all over again. Guess that's my "happy place".
    The plus about sitting in a room and remembering is that you don't get any bugs in your teeth!

Here is a visual aid...

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    The plus about sitting in a room and remembering is that you don't get any bugs in your teeth!

Here is a visual aid...

Thanks for the visual aid. Actually, Cousin took me for my bike ride out in the countryside (Pennsylvania mountains) with open fields as far as the eye could see. Beautiful memory!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post

Here is a visual aid...

I never got any bugs in my teeth. Course I always wore a helmet with a face shield.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I never got any bugs in my teeth. Course I always wore a helmet with a face shield.
    At my age I don't get bugs in my teeth, I leave them at home.
    The Most Important Thing That You Can Do In This Life, Is To Determine "WHERE" You Will "LIVE" In The Next Life.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    At my age I don't get bugs in my teeth, I leave them at home.

You leave the bugs at home?? How do you pulll that off???

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    Thanks for the visual aid. Actually, Cousin took me for my bike ride out in the countryside (Pennsylvania mountains) with open fields as far as the eye could see. Beautiful memory!
    Ahhh, Some of God's country in the western part of the state.. Never rode there, but would have liked to!!!
    I went to Coudersport, PA a couple of times. Did you know that Elliot Ness (of the untouchables fame) was the town sheriff there and died there??? Just some more trivia that I know that doesn't pay me a dime..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    I understand but you guys missed my point. I know he didn't brandish.
    Hope I can explain, Even if he was bluffing there is a possibility that the guys that got out of the car might call the police and give a description just to make his life difficult. Since he was not bluffing and though he did not draw his weapon they can say he did. When he got pulled over he would have to explain he didn't even draw and hope the LEO believes him. Just thinking if he made the call first that might give him more credibility then the BG's.
    Hope I expalined it ok. Just the extra step as precaution.
    CapGun, I appreciate the feedback, you raise a good point. I'll take that into consideration - if there's a next time. However, these guys didn't look like the sort to voluntarily draw the attention of local law enforcement. Since their actions took place beside me and ahead of me, I don't think they got MY plate. Calling the cops about some guy with a beard and a doo-rag on a black Harley doesn't exactly single me out . As fast as they took off, I think they were more concerned about ME calling the cops.

Just to clarify, I did not brandish. I was in a middle lane with cars to either side. I was purposely as discreet as possible, given the circumstances, so as not to draw attention from other drivers. Thinking back on it, I think I handled it fairly well, but wish it had never happened to begin with.

That's why it's good to have a gun and not need it, rather than need a gun and not have it. Good move. As for others advocating throwing objects at offending drivers, that's called road rage and only lowers you to their level. Stay above the fray. Nothing wrong with getting off the next exit, banging a U'ey or pulling off the road to let things pass. That's what I practice and it has kept me out of trouble.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast