Hey Chicago this is how we do it out west. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Hey Chicago this is how we do it out west.

  1. #11

    From what I understand

    Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    My understanding is he had a firearm permit but was not permitted to carry concealed. I don't quite understand what they mean by "firearm permit". Do they mean a permit to own a firearm??
    The GG had in his possession a "permit" that is used by Security Officers that is for wearing a weapon in a holster that is visible, like on a duty belt for LEOs. Since he didn't want to spend the money for a state CCW, he thought since he normally stayed in Omaha, that this was good enough.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    29

    No charges filed in Omaha shooting


  4. #13
    Short Shotgun? Very illegal. Most cut down, really cut down, shotguns have not been test fired, a lot of times are fired accidental, but just as lethal.

    Lives saved there.

  5. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    This was a justifiable shoot by an obvious good guy. He saved lives that day and took two really bad men off the street... And yet they cite him with an unconstitutional CCW permit law!! He is a hero in my book!
    When I looked at the video of the attorney talking, my first question was "Why is this attorney there?". I couldn't imagine why an attorney would be needed. Now I see why, because of that shooter not having a CCW.

    This case should be used to put an end to all this permit stuff. If the shooter had been following the law, two thugs would have made off with a heist, and possibly shot witnesses that could ID them.

    I'm all for training, but all permits should be issued at the end of a 8 hr training class. Anybody with proper training , like this shooter obviously had, should be able to carry a gun, concealed or not.

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    When I looked at the video of the attorney talking, my first question was "Why is this attorney there?". I couldn't imagine why an attorney would be needed. Now I see why, because of that shooter not having a CCW.

    This case should be used to put an end to all this permit stuff. If the shooter had been following the law, two thugs would have made off with a heist, and possibly shot witnesses that could ID them.

    I'm all for training, but all permits should be issued at the end of a 8 hr training class. Anybody with proper training , like this shooter obviously had, should be able to carry a gun, concealed or not.
    And to add to the training part:

    Since we have a Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms anyway, the Federal Govt, or State, which ever one you think, should be giving the training classes. They should have to staff them, have NCIS system availability right there for instant background checks, and provide the ammo for the classes. Also, handguns should be made available to the students if they do not own one. The wait to enter a class should be no more than two weeks! That way, there would be no stalling by anti-gun politicians or bureaucrats. Let's make our tax dollars go for something worthwhile for a change!

    Think about it. It would create a lot of ranges, because of the teaching needed. Because of the no waiting, it would be necessary to have plenty of staff, so it would create jobs. Because of it being Gov't, they would be good paying jobs with good benefits. Heck, I may be on the idea that solvers this whole depression we are in right now!! LOL!!

    Since all background checks could be made at the training site via the NCIS system, the Student is issued the Training Completion Certificate at the end of the class. They go home with the Certificate, and can carry on the way home, concealed or open.

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Eastern North Carolina
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    Since all background checks could be made at the training site via the NCIS system, the Student is issued the Training Completion Certificate at the end of the class. They go home with the Certificate, and can carry on the way home, concealed or open.
    That reminds me of an interesting anecdote our CCW instructor described when i took my training.

    He holds the classroom portion of the training at a Holiday Inn near the city limits, and does live fire exercises at a private range out in the country, several miles away. The students drive from the motel to the range.

    On one occasion, it seems that one LE departments had set up a "license check" on the route to the shooting range site. So while the instructor was completely legal, he was being followed by about 25 cars with drivers/passengers who were armed, but obviously had no carry permits.

    He explained the situation to the LEOs, showed his credentials, and the LEOs were understanding, and didn't hassle any of the students.

  8. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by billwot View Post
    That reminds me of an interesting anecdote our CCW instructor described when i took my training.

    He holds the classroom portion of the training at a Holiday Inn near the city limits, and does live fire exercises at a private range out in the country, several miles away. The students drive from the motel to the range.

    On one occasion, it seems that one LE departments had set up a "license check" on the route to the shooting range site. So while the instructor was completely legal, he was being followed by about 25 cars with drivers/passengers who were armed, but obviously had no carry permits.

    He explained the situation to the LEOs, showed his credentials, and the LEOs were understanding, and didn't hassle any of the students.
    Now that IS funny!!!

  9. #18
    handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    And to add to the training part:

    Since we have a Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms anyway, the Federal Govt, or State, which ever one you think, should be giving the training classes. They should have to staff them, have NCIS system availability right there for instant background checks, and provide the ammo for the classes. Also, handguns should be made available to the students if they do not own one. The wait to enter a class should be no more than two weeks! That way, there would be no stalling by anti-gun politicians or bureaucrats. Let's make our tax dollars go for something worthwhile for a change!

    Think about it. It would create a lot of ranges, because of the teaching needed. Because of the no waiting, it would be necessary to have plenty of staff, so it would create jobs. Because of it being Gov't, they would be good paying jobs with good benefits. Heck, I may be on the idea that solvers this whole depression we are in right now!! LOL!!

    Since all background checks could be made at the training site via the NCIS system, the Student is issued the Training Completion Certificate at the end of the class. They go home with the Certificate, and can carry on the way home, concealed or open.
    GOV5, what are you thinking? Your plan makes sense, but you are expecting the GOVERNMENT to take a plan that makes perfectly good sense and actually carry it out? A really good plan with guns involved? The government will never have any of that, you and I already know that. I like your idea though.

  10. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    GOV5, what are you thinking? Your plan makes sense, but you are expecting the GOVERNMENT to take a plan that makes perfectly good sense and actually carry it out? A really good plan with guns involved? The government will never have any of that, you and I already know that. I like your idea though.
    Yeah, I guess I just got delusional for a minute there. Gov't, guns, doing it right? What the heck was I thinking? LOL!!

  11. #20

    C

    That sure would thin out the bad guys

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tired of hearing Socialism
    By jwtollett21 in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 06:14 PM
  2. Obama On Trial
    By HK4U in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 09:24 AM
  3. E-mail I received concerning Orly Taitz
    By festus in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-18-2010, 05:02 PM
  4. West Virginia Citizens Defense League Lobby Day 2009 in 39 days
    By lukem in forum West Virginia Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 08:31 PM
  5. Chicago At It Again!!!
    By rabywk in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-12-2007, 04:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast