Video, not sure what to think... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Video, not sure what to think...

Quote Originally Posted by GRiddle View Post
    This makes me start thinking twice about not carrying one in the chamber...always skiddish about it and think that the split second it takes the rack the slide isn't a big deal.

...maybe it is a big deal after all.
    It is a big deal. As unfettered said it takes a while to rack a slide and you might not do it correctly under the stress of the situation. Think not pulling the slide back far enough or it slipping out of your fingers before it is pulled fully back.

The second thing is you might as well yell out to the BG "Hey, I have a gun, hear the slide. Don't shoot me until I can get into the fight"

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    The BG had a gun but the first person to use it was the worker at the store. I don't care how good he thinks he is . He is lucky that the bad guy did not injury any of the others in the store. Being robbed at gun point when it is not your money and risking the lives of all the others in the shop is not what one should be doing. If he was able to drop the BG so he could not return fire then I would be fine with his actions but that did not happen the BG ran out the door firing as he left. Luckily none of his shots hit anyone. But now he will have other legal issues to deal with for the others in the shop could complain that by him pulling his gun on the robber and firing at the robber cause the robber to open fire which could have been avoided if he did not pull his gun on the robber. I am sure there is a lawyer that would take the case to sue the store and the worker that pulled his gun and fired at the robber for hearing loss damage.from the workers actions. As from watching the video the worker fired 3 shoots and I saw 2 muzzle flashes from the bad guy while he was exiting the store. It could be said that all of these things might not of happened if the worker just gave the robber the money and called 911 . Other down side is the BG could have said the the gun was just for intimidation. We will have to wait to see if it was shooting real bullets or just firing blanks. If it was just blanks I fear that the BG will get a lawyer that will sue the worker that opened fire on him.

Just remember money can be replaced but a human life can not. Lets hope the worker still has a job at the store due to what happened to the bank teller that lost his job for tackling the bank robber that had no gun just his fingers in the shape of a gun.
    If someone points a gun at me, I assume they have every intent of shooting me. I cannot wait to see if they really mean to shoot me because it is too late when the gun is fired. I feel no obligation to give them the first shot. As a former Dallas Police Officer, we saw many robberies where the BG shot and killed the victims so there would be no witnesses. I don't intend to be one of those.

I am not saying that I won't evaluate the situation before I shoot, but the BG is bought and paid for when he points a gun at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    The BG had a gun but the first person to use it was the worker at the store. I don't care how good he thinks he is . He is lucky that the bad guy did not injury any of the others in the store. Being robbed at gun point when it is not your money and risking the lives of all the others in the shop is not what one should be doing. If he was able to drop the BG so he could not return fire then I would be fine with his actions but that did not happen the BG ran out the door firing as he left. Luckily none of his shots hit anyone. But now he will have other legal issues to deal with for the others in the shop could complain that by him pulling his gun on the robber and firing at the robber cause the robber to open fire which could have been avoided if he did not pull his gun on the robber. I am sure there is a lawyer that would take the case to sue the store and the worker that pulled his gun and fired at the robber for hearing loss damage.from the workers actions. As from watching the video the worker fired 3 shoots and I saw 2 muzzle flashes from the bad guy while he was exiting the store. It could be said that all of these things might not of happened if the worker just gave the robber the money and called 911 . Other down side is the BG could have said the the gun was just for intimidation. We will have to wait to see if it was shooting real bullets or just firing blanks. If it was just blanks I fear that the BG will get a lawyer that will sue the worker that opened fire on him.
    How the HELL do you know he was using the gun to "intimidate" the clerks. Because the BG returned fire after the clerk opened fire, does not mean the BG did not intend to shoot anyone before the actual shooting started. Who is to say after the clerks give him the cash, that the scumbag doesn't unload on everyone in the lobby?

Are we supposed to query the S.O.B. and ask him if his gun is real or if he has blanks loaded or if plans on using the gun in the course of this robbery? How many robberies start as robberies and become homicides because the BG decided he didn't want witnesses or is high out-of-his-mind? He has a gun! He is a threat! Loaded or not. Blanks or not. Real or not. There's no time for taking surveys or checking the "loaded" chamber on his Gangsta piece.

BG pulls a gun, he's going to go down. He is a threat! His gun is a threat! I will cease shooting when he ceases to be a threat!
    "They who give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1775

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123