Video, not sure what to think...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Video, not sure what to think...

Video, not sure what to think...

This is a situation that I think we all have nightmares about. Innocent people very close to the action, anything could have gone wrong. Fortunately the only one shot was the BG who apparently survived and went to prison. I'm sure there can be a lot of discussion on whether the clerk acted appropriately, especially shooting so close to a mother and child, and shooting the BG while he was running away. But he was apparently still armed and could have turned and fired again. Anyway, just saw this on youtube, thought I'd post it.

YouTube - Good guy 1, Bad guy 0, CCW in action unedited

Tough call with the mother and baby there. Not sure if I would have engaged. Glad everybody looks to be OK.

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

JSDinTexas Guest
    Only mistake he made was stopping at 3

5. I think he made the decision that none of the "Good guys" were gonna die today. Then, he acted. Right or wrong... he acted.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

6. I don't understand why at 14 seconds the BG just appears out of nowhere... smooth video up to that point, and after...but at 14 seconds you see the BG and the door finish closing... then the gunfight ensues.

Regardless of that, as shown, the seated employee risked a lot of innocent bystanders... not the best scenario, but the outcome was good...

I've learned from this.

The BAD GUY risked a lot of innocent bystanders. The HERO had the means to end the threat and he utilized it.

Although he scared the hell out of the mother and child, he knew he wasn't going to hit them.

I suspect he had his fair share of range time.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    The BAD GUY risked a lot of innocent bystanders. The HERO had the means to end the threat and he utilized it.

Although he scared the hell out of the mother and child, he knew he wasn't going to ht them.

I suspect he had his fair share of range time.
    Firing 3 rapid shots and scoring 3 rapid hits... I was thinking the same about his range time.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

It was a decision that only he could have made. Seeing it on a video anyone can second guess what they think should have happened. He had a chance to look at the situation first hand. It looked like he saw his opening and acted decisively. He knew he had the shot, he took it and didn't hesitate. Hesitation will get you killed. I think he did a great job!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Seeing this video was very startling because of the proximity of the baby. However, he did a great job and I am sure that the Mom is thankful to him.

Somehow I see the alternative as him pointing his gun and yelling drop it or freeze ad likely having the BG take out all of them but at least the mother and kid.

I think he did the right thing.

As to his shooting while the guy was running out, the guy was only running out BECAUSE he was shooting!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast