Need opinion on a robbery situation. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Need opinion on a robbery situation.

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lowcountry, SC
    Posts
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by armyman_83 View Post
    I carry in my own house when I am in the States. The only place I don't carry is when I work out running (any ideas to combat this?).
    This in your waistband:
    http://charlestongolf.com/fishing/Ruger-LCP-.380.jpg

  2.   
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Carlin, NV
    Posts
    209
    Blog Entries
    2
    Glock, be glad you were not carrying. Your new gun may have been a part of the perps loot if they would have seen it. Granted, you did not mention what you guys were doing in the garage, so drinking is a possibility. If that is the case, the congrats on having the intelligence not to mix alcohol and firearms. If not, things happen.

    When you obtained your permit, did someone not go over the ROE for retreating subjects? Nevada is very specific on the whole "in the back" aspect of your story. Here it means going to trial and depending on where your tried at, maybe prison. Vegas, you would be in prison. Elko, you would get a medal.
    My way is not better, it is just mine, your way is not better, it is just yours.
    Carry what your comfortable with, there is no "Supergun" Carry how your comfortable, open or concealed, so you have it with you when you need it

  4. #23
    I noticed now that there's a treat in the neighborhood, that I either WAS being complacent, or that I AM being a bit paranoid now. I keep a pistol on whatever floor of the house I'm on now. If I go out front to smoke a stogie, I lock the back slider. People shouldn't have to live like this. I can't wait to get out of assachusetts.

    Anyway. We're all glad you're here to tell the story.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

  5. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Danieljoe1 View Post
    Glock, be glad you were not carrying. Your new gun may have been a part of the perps loot if they would have seen it. Granted, you did not mention what you guys were doing in the garage, so drinking is a possibility. If that is the case, the congrats on having the intelligence not to mix alcohol and firearms. If not, things happen.

    When you obtained your permit, did someone not go over the ROE for retreating subjects? Nevada is very specific on the whole "in the back" aspect of your story. Here it means going to trial and depending on where your tried at, maybe prison. Vegas, you would be in prison. Elko, you would get a medal.
    No Drinking. I was having a stereo system installed in my truck.

  6. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post


    Hmmmm thanks for the idea. I see what looks like a laser on this version. I am not a huge fan of DAO. Is that your LCP? If so, how easy is the slide action? Not too many Double Actions that have safty levers. I really am a huge fan of the safty mechinism. I might could always do the "Israeli draw" but I would more than likely go with a double/single. Good idea though, thank you.

    I would just hate for the thing to fall out of my shorts when I run. I suppose the clip works good enough if you aren't doing cart-wheels for miles.

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lowcountry, SC
    Posts
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by armyman_83 View Post
    Hmmmm thanks for the idea. I see what looks like a laser on this version. I am not a huge fan of DAO. Is that your LCP? If so, how easy is the slide action? Not too many Double Actions that have safty levers. I really am a huge fan of the safty mechinism. I might could always do the "Israeli draw" but I would more than likely go with a double/single. Good idea though, thank you.

    I would just hate for the thing to fall out of my shorts when I run. I suppose the clip works good enough if you aren't doing cart-wheels for miles.
    Yep, that's the little LCP. It's a great little gun. Trigger pull is long and strong, which is essentially its safety. Are you asking about the action because you would carry it without a round in the chamber? It's pretty easy to rack a round. I would never carry without a round in the chamber, and with this heavy and long trigger it is a safe little gun.

    Regarding the clip, the gun is inside the waistband and pretty tight. Still, if you can stand a holster I recommend it. I just can't stand a holster.

  8. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    Yep, that's the little LCP. It's a great little gun. Trigger pull is long and strong, which is essentially its safety. Are you asking about the action because you would carry it without a round in the chamber? It's pretty easy to rack a round. I would never carry without a round in the chamber, and with this heavy and long trigger it is a safe little gun.

    Regarding the clip, the gun is inside the waistband and pretty tight. Still, if you can stand a holster I recommend it. I just can't stand a holster.
    I may have to give it a try. Sounds like a nice weapon. Double Action really isn't my thing, I hate hard trigger pulls maybe because of my little girl hands ha ha ha. But I sure want to try it and maybe one of those Kahr Arms .380s. I hear they are good too.

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    993
    Once the threat stops?

    If you're armed and the robber is to, the threat will never stop, because there's always the chance that the robber will discover you're armed, decide you're too grave a threat and just end you, or that they'll run a short distance, stop, and run back to eliminate witnesses to their crime, namely their victims, you.

    Robbery suspects shot dead by east Charlotte Pizza Hut employee - CharlotteObserver.com
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

  10. #29
    Concerning the Pizza Hut robbery in the above reply Good Job, I'm sure he will most likely lose his job but he is alive and two scumbags are out of business. If Pizza Hut fires him I don't think I will ever buy another pizza from them. It would just prove what idiots they are.

  11. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lowcountry, SC
    Posts
    457
    Unless and until Pizza Hut revises their carry policy, I'll never buy another thing from them. I propose all 2A supporters do the same.

    It does help that their pizza still sucks, even after their big recipe redesign. They use something that doesn't quite qualify as cheese to my taste, and real/good cheese is essential to a good pizza. I loves me some $5 Little Ceasar pepperoni pizza.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Deli Owner's Condition Stable After Robbery, Shooting
    By KimberPB in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 04:25 PM
  2. 2 Shot In Mesquite Bank Robbery; Gunman On The Run
    By HK4U in forum Texas Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 03:24 PM
  3. Gunman killed in robbery by CCW Holder
    By {TEX}Hawaii(( in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 02:30 AM
  4. Teacher Killed In Robbery
    By KimberPB in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 06:27 PM
  5. A recent AG opinion and my response
    By Fallguy in forum Tennessee Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-28-2007, 08:52 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast