Confrontation scenario - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Confrontation scenario

1. Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Who camps near a McDonalds?
    Well, it seems that I do quite a bit. Go to a lot of hot rod and motorcycle swap meets that are held on fair grounds for the most part and they do have grounds for camping.

Legal schmegal legal schmegal. If you are in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm and you believe it right to your core common sense and you are CC, you use it. If you are questioning your thoughts in such a clear kind of dangerous confrontation you probably should not be CC. If there is a benefit to perusing these forums and threads, you begin to catalog a series of very plausible "what ifs" and come up with a series of potential defensive measures. This example is, IMO, clear cut--leaving aside Bernie Goetz, three guys threatening, one with a bat and obvious intent with words, no where to go and it is just you alone (if others anywhere in vicinity you reply and yell as loud as you can that you do not want any trouble--it is called witnesses)--you do not worry about legal bills, you worry about your life. PS: Was it a Big Mac?

I would not have let them get close enough to surround me.

I guessing "No escape route" means they surrounded you.

As soon as your radar went off you should have taken action.( Drawn your weapon, ran or what ever was necessary.)
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Well, being old, I wouldn't have been at a fast food joint at 0200 in the first place. I've found it much easier to avoid the possibility of a confrontation, rather than to have to shoot your way out of a poor decision.
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

Hey Jay: Could not agree with you more. Situational awareness is critical and, what I like to call the Plaxico Burris effect should be in your mind. If you think you need a firearm or have to use a firearm there is an almost 100% chance you should never have gone there or been there in the first place. Situational awareness before you go and even during your being there should have been the primary thought and not the Big Mac at 2AM--there would have been no reason to create this thread.

Just stay home. If you go somewhere you could get into a confrontation.

Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post
    Just stay home. If you go somewhere you could get into a confrontation.

But of course....... lets go down to the fast food joint at 0200, ON FOOT, just to see what's shakin'. Or if there's no confrontations there, we could cruise the gang neighborhood and see how folks are doing over there.

... ALSO SARCASTIC

.... if you walk around ass deep in water, yer real likely to get wet. Common sense doesn't always have to be on vacation.

Could the possibility exist that it would be more likely to find a confrontation at 0200 ? I know, lets go FIND a confrontation. That seems to be the prevailing ninja mindset. Sheesh
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    But of course....... lets go down to the fast food joint at 0200, ON FOOT, just to see what's shakin'. Or if there's no confrontations there, we could cruise the gang neighborhood and see how folks are doing over there.

... ALSO SARCASTIC

.... if you walk around ass deep in water, yer real likely to get wet. Common sense doesn't always have to be on vacation.

Could the possibility exist that it would be more likely to find a confrontation at 0200 ? I know, lets go FIND a confrontation. That seems to be the prevailing ninja mindset. Sheesh
    Like I said if your afraid stay home.

Why should 2am be any different then any other time.

That's ********, "If you are out at that time of night, all your doing is looking for trouble."

Fear should not rule your life.

Bg's should not be allowed to rule the night. If you want McD's at 2am you should be able to go get it without the fear of being attacked.

Once it gets dark, is everyone suppose to go inside and lock the doors.
    Ed

Yeah, right..... time of night makes no difference..... in New Mexico, you should be able to take your wife out for an evening stroll in the desert..... DO YOU? Likely the presence of mexican illegals would instill a bit of caution..... but you're not afraid.... have at it. Many times, those with no fear, are complete idiots. Graveyards are full of 'em. You choose your path, I'll handle mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Yeah, right..... time of night makes no difference..... in New Mexico, you should be able to take your wife out for an evening stroll in the desert..... DO YOU? Likely the presence of mexican illegals would instill a bit of caution..... but you're not afraid.... have at it. Many times, those with no fear, are complete idiots. Graveyards are full of 'em. You choose your path, I'll handle mine.
    I get it now! Your a bigot! If you live somewhere that was only white people you wouldn't have a problem going out at 2am?

"Likely the presence of mexican illegals would instill a bit of caution"

Not all illegals(not just Mexicans) are thief's,rapist, and murderers
    Ed

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast