Confrontation scenario - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Confrontation scenario

Youre out numbered 3 to 1, one of them has a weapon clearly visible, you dont know what their intentions are exactly, and the other 2 alone could over power if not kill you.

I would shoot all 3 of them and wait for the police. Clear cut case of self defense.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

The Tale of the Tape

Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    I would shoot all 3 of them...
    And you would probably be going to jail for a very long time.

The main point I took from this "scenario" was one armed victim looking for the justification to kill 2 unarmed men. The term double tap is telling, if not despicable. Only one alleged BG was armed. Furthermore, no distances or other important enviromental variables were mentioned. "..take up positions... start his approach..." from where? 10 paces? 20 yards? What does the word "imminent" mean to you? I guess that depends on exactly where your head's at. Between your buttcheeks don't count.

Who doesn't think all three BG's would normally be making a hasty retreat the moment a firearm appeard on the intended victim?

Tsk, tsk. Another so-called "scenario" looking for an excuse to shoot (multiple) people.

What a joke. Not.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    When one is talking (as he was in that post) about dangers of the desert in the border states, it would be ridiculous to ignore illegals...

If you perceive that as racism, maybe you belong at touchy-feely.com...

Did you not see the word mexican! He did not say illegals, He said " illegal mexicans" Any time you condem a group of people for the actions of a few it is racism!

Why are illegals more dangerous then any body else? They are no more dangerous then any other human.

Our borders need to be secured, but the people as a whole do not deserve to be persecuted by you or anybody else!

Race should not come up in any discussion, for any reason!
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post
    Did you not see the word mexican! He did not say illegals, He said " illegal mexicans" Any time you condem a group of people for the actions of a few it is racism!

Why are illegals more dangerous then any body else? They are no more dangerous then any other human.

Our borders need to be secured, but the people as a whole do not deserve to be persecuted by you or anybody else!

Race should not come up in any discussion, for any reason!
    I'll tell ya what...

Go camp in the S. Arizona, S. NM or S. Texas desert for a while and then come tell me that illegals are no more dangerous than anyone else. Wait...that won't work...the chances of you being able to come back and tell me anything are pretty slim.

And, again..."Mexican" is a nationality, not a race.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    And you would probably be going to jail for a very long time.

The main point I took from this "scenario" was one armed victim looking for the justification to kill 2 unarmed men. The term double tap is telling, if not despicable. Only one alleged BG was armed. Furthermore, no distances or other important enviromental variables were mentioned. "..take up positions... start his approach..." from where? 10 paces? 20 yards? What does the word "imminent" mean to you? I guess that depends on exactly where your head's at. Between your buttcheeks don't count.

Who doesn't think all three BG's would normally be making a hasty retreat the moment a firearm appeard on the intended victim?

Tsk, tsk. Another so-called "scenario" looking for an excuse to shoot (multiple) people.

What a joke. Not.
    ???!

Three guys, imminent threat, including at least one weapon and verbal statement of intention to do harm. 3 against one to boot. Here in SC you will sleep comfortably in your own bed if you shoot all three, and rightly so. Wouldn't matter if ANY of the perps had a weapon.

As an INNOCENT victim, you have no obligation to make sure these **** heads are not armed or whether or not they will run if you pull a weapon. You are not obligated to take a chance with your life, waiting to see if they were serious with their threats. Castle doctrine wins, and not only protects you from criminal charges but civil as well.

You are not obligated to (1) pull your weapon and (2) wait and see if these guys are going to attack and kill you or not.

Having said that, if you pull your weapon and shoot the club weilding thug, and the other guys turn and run, then you have no right (or reason) to shoot them also.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    As an INNOCENT victim, you have no obligation to make sure these **** heads are not armed or whether or not they will run if you pull a weapon.
    Maybe you missed my point, which was 99.9% of the time they WILL ALL RUN.

And if you start shooting after that, you WILL BE GOING TO JAIL.

Which makes this thread as I have said in so many other similar threads, just another exploration in looking for ways to justify shooting people. No matter how remote the possibility, no matter how improbable the circumstances, no matter how stupid you have to be to get into that type situation, they are basically all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Maybe you missed my point, which was 99.9% of the time they WILL ALL RUN.
    And if you start shooting after that, you WILL BE GOING TO JAIL.

Which makes this thread as I have said in so many other similar threads, just another exploration in looking for ways to justify shooting people.
    Would like to know where you get your stats from? Also most of this web site is dedicated to what is and is not justification in shoot / don't shoot scenarios. Personally, I'd of "TAPPED" the armed one and hold the other two until LEO's arrived. Jus my fifdy-cents

Keep an open mind, contribute when you can and have some faith in most that belong to this web site. Try to educate not condemn.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post
    Did you not see the word mexican! He did not say illegals, He said " illegal mexicans"
    Did you not see that "mexican" is NOT A RACE, IT'S A FRIGGIN' NATIONALITY?

Remedial comprehension skills are in order. Put a sock in it, Ed... you're gettin' ludicrous.
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    ...have some faith in most that belong to this web site. Try to educate not condemn.
    I do. My problem is with the few who I also classify in this particular case as the "shoot first, ask questions later" group. You see, those few seconds between drawing, taking aim and firing can seem like an eternity. And those few seconds can make all the difference in the world, eternity in fact, with the one simple question "are you sure you want to do that?" Asking in a very authoritative tone of voice with a little mutha fukka tagged on the end may help, too. Once again, I claim (statistics or not) that 99.9% of the time you will see nothing but asses and elbows after asking that one simple question from behind an aimed weapon. My statistics (if you want to call them that) come from experience and reasoned expectation. The shoot first attitude comes from fear.

Sorry, but I can't support the latter in any way, shape or form.

If you are not taking any chances, then just fire away. But better yet, stay home.

11. Wow! Did this thread get a little out of control.

This was just a scenario that I had thought about after we had a situation at the state fair. There was a large group of people that got kicked out of the fair grounds for starting problem. They were yelling "It's beat whitey night!". Several confrontations happened within the fairgrounds. After they were kicked out everyone, including the city police thought all was good. At midnight when people were leaving the fair grounds small riots/beatings occured out side the fairgrounds by the same crowd/gang that got kicked out.

I go to alot of large antique swap meets that last for 2-3 days. We will stay up late and talk shop with guys from all over the U.S. I typically sleep on the fairgrounds where these meets are held.

I see that some people believe if I get hungry after midnight and want to eat at Micky D's I am just looking for trouble. Hmmmmmm.......seems kind of narrow minded to me.

No, I don't want to ever get in this situation but if I want to walk across the street from the fairgrounds after midnight and get a Big Mac, I sure as heck am. Yeah, I know, I should have packed enough food for 3 days on my Panhead so I could stay safe.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast