It Starts With a Punch - Page 5
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: It Starts With a Punch

starts with a punch?

Let me see if I have this right.
    I'm 70 YO, 5 stents in my heart area. Very high BP, stable but high. Not very strong or wanting to get hurt or killed.
    Some punk, comes to my table or stops me in the street and starts some crap with me to push me into a face to face pushing match, and I just let him/them, do it?
    NO FREEKIN WAY!
    If I go down/die on the spot, who protects my wife and family?
    I'm too old to duke it out. Not too old to ventilate his body.
    Let a jury decide. I'll be alive.
    I do not ask anyone take my advice, on this, it's just what I would do.
    Michael
    MICHAEL

Quote Originally Posted by blacksharkL82 View Post
    I'm 70 YO, 5 stents in my heart area. Very high BP, stable but high. Not very strong or wanting to get hurt or killed.
    Some punk, comes to my table or stops me in the street and starts some crap with me to push me into a face to face pushing match, and I just let him/them, do it?
    NO FREEKIN WAY!
    Michael
    No sir...not at all. You have "Disparity Of Force" working for you. Obviously a senior with a heart condition or a person with even NON apparent handicap would be in danger of IMMINENT DEATH or GRAVE BODILY HARM making the use of any reasonable force neccessary to protect yourself, up to and including lethal force.

What I am talking about is a simple "punch" as described by a young, presumably healthy person delivered to a person of reasonably similar age, health, size, condition. That is what the original poster was speaking of if what he wrote was clear.

I'd fully expect my 79 year old grandfather to shoot some buttwipe MY age and size if he were to be assaulted.

Cool

BlacksharkL82: You could have nearly been talking about me with your infirmities. I am 73 and could easily be beaten down by my 7 year old great-grandson. I don't go out looking for problems, quite the contrary, I try to be an amiable old fart when I am out and about. I read a saying one time that goes like this: "Don't start a fight with an old man who can no longer fight. He will kill you!". I can't fight any longer but my trigger finger is in fine shape. I will try my best to get out of a bad situation without shooting someone. If I can't and had no other option, I would do what is necessary. Hopefully, I will not be confronted by some stupid a$$ and do something we will both regret.

My goodness guys: Don't you read what you are saying? The CC laws are only words that can only say so much. If there is a presumption of imminent danger of death or great bodily injury, you have the right to protect yourself--certainly if there are no reasonable alternatives (like running away etc). Sitting in a wheelchair with nowhere to go or being infirmed to the point of limited movement or physical defense on your part sure sounds like it fits the criteria EVEN if it not spelled out in your state's CC laws. Someone throws a punch and you are a healthy and active individual is a different story in my appreciation of what CC is all about--you have options and unless you have been rendered defenseless and now subject to an unmerciful beating that could cause your death etc, CC laws do not include using your firearm, at least, IMO, and in my state.

Could someone open a window and let some fresh air in, it's getting a bit stuffy in here????????????

Good point kalcarry
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

7. i am 79 years old and not young enough to fight (use to be) I could not run if I had a notion to. I could not survive a beating so it is not a problem for me I would not hesitate to pull my 45 to protect me and mine.

Quote Originally Posted by pilot3 View Post
    i am 79 years old and not young enough to fight (use to be) I could not run if I had a notion to. I could not survive a beating so it is not a problem for me I would not hesitate to pull my 45 to protect me and mine.
    Nor should you have to take a punch that could REASONABLY BE EXPECTED TO CAUSE YOU IMMINENT DEATH OR GRAVE BODILY HARM, and further...if someone is around to render you aid, they would also be justified in using any force that was REASONABLY (which MAY include deadly force) neccessary to render that aid and protect you as an innocent third party.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksharkL82 View Post
    NO FREEKIN WAY!
    Michael
    I agree. Not just because of your age or health.

Nobody has the right to harm you period.

That one punch can kill you. No matter what your age or health condition is.

Noboby will harm me or mine.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

NC law states that simple assault is not grounds for using deadly force. Also it is your duty to attempt to run away unless you are at your home. A macho ego will land you in prison.
    I have a brown belt in the martial art of Aikido. The best technique I was taught was; Sensing trouble before it starts and avoiding it altogether. When used properly that technique never fails!

Quote Originally Posted by TooCalm View Post
    NC law states that simple assault is not grounds for using deadly force.
    edsworld:

You wouldn't be a member of the at-risk community as an infirm or crippled senior, would you?

Just curious where the attitude comes from:

Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post
    That one punch can kill you. No matter what your age or health condition is.

Noboby will harm me or mine.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast